Author Topic: Dev Q&A April 24, 2022  (Read 525 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Dev Q&A April 24, 2022
« on: May 08, 2022, 08:52:46 pm »
Talad(Leader/Founder)
Eonwind(Rules)
Tuathanach(Rules)
Zunna (Rules/Settings)
Mordaan (Settings)
Venalan (Settings Lead)
Uadjet(GM Lead)
Emaline (GM Team)
Zweitholou (Art)

Uadjet says: Hello and welcome to the Developer's Q&A! This is an out-of-character meeting where you can hear about the development of the game and ask the Dev and GM teams any questions you might have. If you do have any questions, please line up at the lecterns in front of the stage.
Uadjet says: If you have a question, step up to the lecterns. If not, I'll start with an update.
Uadjet says: Okay, so the last two weeks have mostly been about Dsar Sarraghi.
Uadjet says: That's a section of Ojaveda that doesn't exist in Legacy, though for reference you would get there from the city entrance by going left into the newer section of the city and following that road all the way through the currently closed city gate.
Uadjet says: Talad has spent weeks on it, and that section is pretty well complete.
Damola says: Wow, nice. I probably won't look too much of it up in the life stream, as it would be kind of spoiler to the real experience in PSUnreal.
Uadjet nods. "Very fair. Seeing it 'live' is probably the best introduction."
Uadjet says: Now I have to fill it full of Enki's!
Damola looks forward to solve this plague crap for real in a epic event series.
Gonger says: Hehehe
Uadjet says: Wait, there's no sarraghi trait. Ack!
Holesod says: hmmm
Uadjet says: Well, that's a complication.
Uadjet says: Well, that'll be fun.
Damola says: Sarraghi trait?
Uadjet says: Traits are the cosmetic things like hair style and color. For enkis the traits determine which clan markings you have.
Damola says: Ah, yeah.
>Anysu Atani cheers happily at Uadjet!
Uadjet says: I see rabani, blikau, clamod, kore, and akkaio. No Sarraghi.
Anysu says: Really Sarraghi not on wiki?
Uadjet says: I'll run around the dev channel in a panic about it and maybe it exists somewhere.
Anysu says: Yup not on wiki. Never realized that.
Holesod says: though isn't that pack the most susceptible to the plague?
Uadjet says: But back to the city itself, there is some really nice variation on style. It all fits together so that you know the same culture made them, but things don't all look the same.
Anysu says: Maybe a tortishell fur pattern or calico?
Uadjet says: That Dsar is the most affected by teh plague, I think.
Holesod says: ahh ok
Uadjet says: Yeah, it isn't in the character creator either. We'll need an artist for that. :)
Uadjet says: Oh! Before I change topic there are banners available now, and there's one for each clan of Enkis.
Uadjet says: The banners provide some much needed color variation to Oja, what with it all being made of sandstone.
Uadjet says: I'm sure carpets can be added as well.
>Anysu Atani cheers happily!
Uadjet says: Now, as for the thing that I thought of when I said "artist needed", there is an arist working on Shrines for the different deities.
Uadjet says: I think these will be mainly in towns, or locations wtihout a full temple. Could be in the wilderness too.
Uadjet says: The Laanx one is looking pretty nice. :)
Holesod says: I imagine a Xiosia one would be in the wilderness
Uadjet says: Yes, but I think towns might have them too. Farming towns, for example. They'd likely want to keep Xiosia happy.
Holesod says: oh yes for sure
Anysu says: Small versions so a family could have one on thier farms as like a tribute to pray at?
Uadjet says: They might be a big big and complex for that, though they could be adapted I suppose.
Anysu says: *nods*
Holesod says: I'd imagine a garden about the size of the one here in Hydlaa
Uadjet says: Not finding much on Sarraghi via Google, though there is someone on facebook named Sarra Ghi.
Uadjet says: So both the banners and the shrines were paid for out of the grant that Epic gave to PS.
Anysu says: I did a DM on discord with Sacho and he said he thought there were npc Sarraghi?
Anysu says: *shrug*
Uadjet says: It could say they're Sarraghi in the description, but that doesn't mean they have the sarraghi coloring. I'll take alook in Oja once we're done, but it's possible all NPC Sarraghi just use another clan's coloring in a this-will-do-for-now sort of way.
Uadjet says: As for me, I'm attempting to figure out the locomotion system PSU uses. It's far more complex than the base Unreal system, so the learning curve seems a bit steep.
Damola says: Any idea when next version will come? Already last dev q&a I think it was about how much updates it contains.
Uadjet says: I'll figure it out though.
Uadjet says: Oh, yes. Talad is approaching a new release. It's not quite ready yet, though I think he's like 99% of the way there.
Uadjet says: I'm currently splitting my time between stumbling through that, generating lists of NPCs to populate the new areas, and making small things in Blender.
Damola says: Cool, looking forward to it.
Uadjet says: I don't know if it'll be approved, but I was just working on arangma silk lanterns lit by fireflies that you can see moving around inside.
Zarre says: Love this idea!
Uadjet says: It seems like a good Dermorian lantern to me.
Damola ponders "That could be animal abuse."
Uadjet says: I"ve also got a couple new anvils. One should be familiar to anyone who has seen the Blender Guru tutorials on Youtube, and the other is based on a German anvil with an upsetting block and smoother lines.
Uadjet says: Oh, the bottom of the lantern is open.
Uadjet says: They're lured in by food and maybe pheromones, but not trapped in there.
Damola nods approvingly.
Gonger says: Pheromones are also animal abuse. All men are victims...
Damola says: Heh.
Holesod says: well Gonger....
>Thosor Riereri coughs at Zarre.
Uadjet says: Oh, and I may need to make some Dermorian housing on the ground, because I love the idea of sod roofs with living grass and the best way to get something in game is to make it.
Uadjet says: It's related to the 'better to ask forgiveness than permission" rule.
Holesod says: oh yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea
Uadjet says: I keep picturning Kormi on the roofs.
Thosor says: Just reach through for fresh milk.
Anysu says: I know a resturant that has a grass roof and goats munch on grass ontop of roof.
Zarre smiles briefly at she nods in Thosor's direction
Uadjet says: That seems like it might startle the kormi...
Damola says: Nice.
Uadjet says: So that's what has been going on. Any questions?
Damola says: No question from my side. And going bed soon.
Uadjet says: Okay, then I think we can bring the meeting to a close.
Damola says: I call it a a day.
Damola says: Thank you for updating us for the progress being made!
Uadjet says: Thank you all for coming, and I'll see you all at the next meeting in two weeks!
Uadjet says: And Oja seriously looks great.
Zarre says: Thank you too!
Uadjet says: Felt I needed to say that again.
>Holesod Sacerey claps for Uadjet.
Anysu says: Thanks for update, Udjet.
>Thosor Riereri salutes Uadjet with respect.
>Zarre bows to Uadjet.
>Anysu Atani salutes Uadjet with respect.
>Anysu Atani grins at Anysu's Small Table impishly.
>Lurielle Volanxis salutes Uadjet with respect.
>Thosor Riereri falls asleep beside Lurielle Volanxis.
[Channel] [1: gossip] Kifunstus: Oja is looking really good
[Channel] [1: gossip] Kifunstus: talad almost finished polishing it up