Author Topic: 'Alt + Tab' works improperly for me.  (Read 189 times)

BoredNL

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
'Alt + Tab' works improperly for me.
« on: September 26, 2004, 09:18:02 pm »
Time of test: 26 September 2004, 9:00pm EST
Processor: P4 2.4ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Video Card Memory: 128 Mb
OpenGL or Safe Mode: OpenGL
Description of the bug:

When I am in full screen mode, and I alt tab out of the program, it seems to do too much resizing of the window, and it ends up being the resolution of the game for my desktop. (800x600)  Then when I switch back to the game, it switches to my desktop\'s screen resolution. (1280x1024)  This makes the full screen game appear on top of everything else in the top left 800x600 portion of the screen when focus is on it, and when minimized, my desktop is way too tiny.  (resulting in all of my ordered icons being jumbled together.. grr)

Now, if I try to alt tab back and forth a few times, sometimes my computer goes kind of \'crazy\'.  It makes a beeping sound or two on the internal speaker initially then stops, my CPU goes mad, then I see a whole bunch of corrupted artifacts all over the screen, a lot of it black, and there are only a few small parts of the screen showing uncorrupted portions of the screen.  (it\'s like all sorts of random colors and lines all over the place, with small blocks here and there showing small parts of my desktop.  Such as a portion of a scroll bar and edge of a window).  While this is happening, I might be able to send commands to my windows (extremely slowly.  like one alt + tab command sent every 10 seconds.)  The mouse will be visable and able to move around if the focus was on my desktop right before the \'craziness\'.

Well, I hope to fix this problem, it\'s really bothering me and it always requires a reboot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 09:35:05 pm by BoredNL »

fireofsoul

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 10:13:30 pm »
Have you made the games resolution the same as your desktop?
--You could always play in windowed mode