Author Topic: Getting Failed and there are 35 members online  (Read 326 times)

Aburi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Getting Failed and there are 35 members online
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:38:13 am »
according to http://laanx.fragnetics.com/index.php?page=about_page there are currently 35 people online, but i cant seem to get anything but "Failed" when i try to log in.  are the 35 people testers or part of the Dev team or do i have a technical problem with my client

SaxLioness

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Failed and there are 35 members online
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:10:36 pm »
I think lots of people get this problem, and I was one of them. I just got the game two days ago, and every time I started it up I got the "Failed" message. Elsewhere people have discussed proxies and firewalls and routers and such, but if you're like most people (including myself XD) you're lost when it comes to hardcore computer lingo. Well, after being linked to the help section about proxies, etc. and not understanding a word of it, I scrolled up and found--lo and behold--a section titled "General Troubleshooting," which suggested rooting around in the PSSetup file and clicking random things until something happened. I went into Setup and decided to try switching the game display to Fullscreen Mode, then restarted the client. Presto! The server didn't fail.

I have no idea why this works, but try it.  :thumbup: