Author Topic: "Loading region failed!" message in loading screen  (Read 1996 times)

Liadosian

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
"Loading region failed!" message in loading screen
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:59 pm »
Hi!

The problem I still have is a "Loading region failed!" message in the game world loading screen, and it looks like I am not the only one.

A bug report has been already filed on this failure. First read the details and comments in the report. If you experience the same problems, post a comment about it. It will help the developers to fix the problem. You must register to post a comment. If you havenĀ“t done it already, you should read the Bugtracker post before posting. It is recommended to read the BugTracker Guide before using the tracker.
Just click on this mess below, it will bring you directly to the report (sorry, I couldnĀ“t get it better):

=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=]http://www.hydlaa.com/flyspray_upgrade/index.php?do=details&task_id=1628&string=loading+region+failed&project=2&search_name=&type[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

Here are some details of the error I am dealing with:

The first time the failure occured was after I acquired the latest update, version 0.4.01.13 announced on 21.07.2008. It happens only when I log on and try to join the game. It is an intermittent error, sometimes it seems to happen randomly. It seems that it doesnĀ“t matter which region loads.
In the beginning it happened frequently, after I reinstalled the game and set the Vertex Buffer Object option to "default" in Pssetup the failure seems to occur much less frequently, but the problem remains. The "Load all maps" and "Keep maps loaded" options didnĀ“t make any difference.
According to the Latest crashes post there are some unstable regions since the mentioned update. IĀ“ve been to the Sewers and the Arena in Hydlaa. This regions load properly, but the failures may be related, since both came with the update.

Here is the Errorlog produced when the loading of the tutorial world failed.

My system stats are in the sig. I am aware of the fact that my graphics card RAM is well below the system requirements. I doubt that this is the cause of the problem, because when I successfully join the game it works fine, considering that I have low graphics card RAM and a 5-6 year old configuration.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:26:54 pm by Liadosian »
Microsoft windows XP
Home edition Version 2002
Service Pack 2

TOSHIBA
Personal Computer
Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
1.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba)
RAM 32 MB

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: "Loading region failed!" message in loading screen
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:23:57 am »
what are your system stats?

Liadosian

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:42:24 am »
My system stats are as following:

Microsoft windows XP
Service Pack 2

TOSHIBA
Personal Computer
1.00 GB RAM

RAM 32 MB

IĀ“ll follow the good example of others and add them to my sig:)
Microsoft windows XP
Service Pack 2

TOSHIBA
Personal Computer
1.00 GB RAM

RAM 32 MB

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 06:56:08 am »
a 32 mb graphics card is well below the the requirements for the game.

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:12:54 am »
I got the "Loading region failed" message yesterday but that was because of things I did wrong with the update :-X

How I fixed it: deleted the line with "version name="0.4.01.13"" in the file updaterinfo.xml and ran the updater again. I don't know if it would work for you though.

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Liadosian

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 09:07:12 pm »
Hello again!

First I want to thank you, Caarrie and Morla, for your support.

Well, the game seems to work again. The last three days there was no "Loading region failed" message in the game world load screen or any other failures. I reinstalled the whole game and the updates and then changed the Vertex Buffer Object option in Pssetup form "on" to "default". I donĀ“t know why it works, or how long it will work, because before the reinstall it seemed to work one or two times, but then failed again, so I am still crossing my fingers everytime the game world loads because I am expecting the message to come back and haunt me again.

How I fixed it: deleted the line with "version name="0.4.01.13"" in the file updaterinfo.xml and ran the updater again. I don't know if it would work for you though.

IĀ“ve tried that. After I updated the game again it did work one day long but the next day it didnĀ“t work again. It somehow screwed up my character. In the tutorial the NPCs always answered that they donĀ“t understand me although I used the correct phrases. I had to delete the character and start a new one.
I recommend to join the game with a new/disposable character the first time after trying Morlas suggestion to be sure if the game works properly.

a 32 mb graphics card is well below the the requirements for the game.

I looked at the System requirements before I installed the game, but forgot about that simply because the game worked very good (at least the tutorial part) until the update on the 21.07.2008. Since the game seems now to be sensitive on the Vertex option, I guess the problem was about the graphics card, although sometimes the failure seemed to occur "randomly".
I play the game now since two days ago in the in-game world and there are no problems so far. The game gets laggy at some objects, like around the Iron temple, or in parts of the Arena, but I expected that. IĀ“ll try to play with some graphics options, maybe I can get a better performance at the cost of some visual quality.
If the failure doesnĀ“t occur anymore, i would say the system requirements are exaggerated, at least the graphics card RAM. If it does, well, thats the way it goes, sometimes you beat the system requirements \\o// , sometimes the requirements beat you :surrender:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:10:21 pm by Liadosian »
Microsoft windows XP
Service Pack 2

TOSHIBA
Personal Computer
1.00 GB RAM

RAM 32 MB

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 01:55:10 am »
Hope everything goes well.  :)

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:00:29 am »
Hi,
i have had this problem many times and all i did was
First right click on psupdater shortcut.
next click propities
then on the line Target: at the end add a space then CheckIntegrity
then click apply
now run updater with out ps open other wise it wont work
if it finds problems type y then press enter then it should download the correct files then it all should work

MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE PLANESHIFT OPEN/PLAYING IT

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:12 pm »
I too have now experienced this problem.  "Loading Region Failed"  Here's my story:

2008 MacBook
2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel
Mac OS X 10.5.5
2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100

Anyhow, it doesn't seem like a hardware issue...

I am new, things seem to be working well, no problems with the tutorial region.  Have been exploring Hydlaa with no issues.

Left the city walls of Hydlaa today for more exploring, by way of the gates beyond Jayose's Library, and subsequently ran into a region by the rocks along the main road that wouldn't load. 

Crashed in-game initially, so now when I try to reload, I assume my character is in the same region as before, and I get the "Loading Region Failed" upon start-up.

I am curious if this is region specific.  Are others able to access that region with no problems?

Also, I feel the game would reload if I were able to get my character out of that region.  Is there a data file or something I might be able to edit in order to have my character load back inside Hydlaa?

I have tried the above advice to run the psupdater with -CheckIntegrity flag....I couldn't figure out how to add the flag to the target like in Windows (I'm using a Mac), so I used the Terminal, but, the updater threw an error about not being able to find the .xml file. 

Can I add the flag similarly to Windows by using an "Alias" on my Mac Desktop?  Seems like I should be able to, but don't know how.

Running the psupdater normally indicated that no updates were needed.

Thanks -

Matt (Thoss Yonbur)

[edit] fixed the date of the MacBook...[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:56:29 am by Thoss »
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 03:07:12 pm »

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:19:48 pm »
Your suggestion to :

Quote from: Caarrie
If you have the gma x3100 graphics card, make sure you put texture downsampling at 1/2 or further to the right in pssetup that will fix some crashes of the client.

from the Mac Specific section in the thread talking about a seemingly different problem, seems to have worked. \\o//

I apologize for thinking that my search for already existing threads in order to avoid unnecessarily creating new duplicate threads was insufficient.

Thank you for your time, I apologize for having required it...
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 06:29:38 pm »
glad it worked

Rauku

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:12 pm »
Your suggestion to :

Quote from: Caarrie
If you have the gma x3100 graphics card, make sure you put texture downsampling at 1/2 or further to the right in pssetup that will fix some crashes of the client.

from the Mac Specific section in the thread talking about a seemingly different problem, seems to have worked. \\o//

I'd just like to throw it out there that, after the Updater ran successfully, I also had this problem (randomly the program quitting and then Failing to Load Region) and this solution worked perfectly! Thank you! (and as a testament to someone who searched and read and fixed without having to ask! ^-^ )

KillPhilVol1

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 01:31:13 am »
I just downloaded the game and ran the updater and I can't even log into the game. I get the Loading region failed message.   I tried everything mentioned in this thread and still get the same error.
System Specs:

Windows XP pro SP3
Intel e8400
ATI 4850
4 Gigs of DDR2 installed
74 gig Raptor