Author Topic: Cannot connect tp the laanx server  (Read 1313 times)

shadowwraith

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Cannot connect tp the laanx server
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:34 am »
i have tried sever times to launch the game (via desura), but it always fails when trying to connect to the laanx server which is the only one available.  Any ideas on the problem or is the server down  ???

Launcher version: 3.09 i think
Planeshift version 0.5.9.10
"spill some blood for me dear brother" - Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot connect tp the laanx server
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:29:11 am »
We switched to a new server since a month: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41295.0 try updating the client or change the old server adress with the new one in server.xml file.

shadowwraith

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:55:35 am »
We switched to a new server since a month: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41295.0 try updating the client or change the old server adress with the new one in server.xml file.

Well, i've tried running the ./update.sh script but it just runs the launcher and not the updater, i've tried using the update option via the Desura client but it does the exact same thing, so i'm going to try and download the linux binary via the main planeshift.it site and try it without Desura as it seems they have messed up the launch/update scripts
"spill some blood for me dear brother" - Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:14 am »
The launcher should detect if there is an update, and load the updated files.

At least it does that for installations from general installer packages downloaded via planeshift.it ...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

shadowwraith

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 06:54:03 pm »
The launcher should detect if there is an update, and load the updated files.

At least it does that for installations from general installer packages downloaded via planeshift.it ...

Well the downloaded version worked as expected and managed to update it successfully, but every time i run the game the launcher fails and i get this msg in the terminal

Couldn't write to file! (/home/shadowwraith/.PlaneShift/updatecache/13719447770.396672.download)

i managed to get around this by creating the updatecache folder, but every time the launcher runs/exits don't know which; that folder gets automatically deleted and i have to recreate it again, is there a way round this?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 03:43:28 am »
I don't know much about the inheritance of access rights of user and group ownerships in Linux, but it might be a key to the solution...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

IsabellaRhiannon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 06:45:12 pm »
I can't figure out how to connect. Everytime I try it says that I need to log in as an administrator to update the files.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:06:57 pm »
hi IsabellaRhiannon,

I'm going to assume you are on windows. If you find 'PSlaunch.exe' and right click it you will see a 'Run as Administrator' option, click it. Once you do that you will run that program as an administrator and should no problem detecting and installing the updates to get the game working and connected to the server.