Author Topic: invisible text  (Read 989 times)

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
invisible text
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:21 am »
hi,

when I start the game, the first screen with option "play" etc. doesn't show any text on the scroll on the upper left. then when I click "play", the login screen doesn't show ANY text (buttons are plain as well) and I can't see the text I'm writing in the text fields.
I run on Windows 8 Lenovo.
any suggestions?

thank you very much in advance. I'm looking forward to meeting you online in the game  :sorcerer:

kokoro  :sleeping:

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: invisible text
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:42 am »
Hi Kokoro, try hitting the 3rd button from left to right (repair) to see if a repair fixes the problem. When the launcher finishes to check the files, if something need to be repaired it will ask you if you want to proceed or not: here hit the leftmost button (yes).
Hope this helps.  :)

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:23 am »
hi,

thx for reply, but repair doesn't seem to do anything for some reason. it show screen with no text and just one button with "ok" written on it. here is how the login page looks:

screen

any  ideas how to make the repair work properly? (the icon in start list of programs doesn't work either - it even doesn't open any window - and I can't find any repair.exe or something of that sort in the install directory...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:45:02 am by kokoro »

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:28 am »
Does your computer have a dedicated graphics chip? Might be driver issues.

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »
it is integrated graphic card Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, version 9.14.3.1177 (just actualized). DirectX 9.3... do you think this could be the problem?

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »
There are 2 way to update/repair: one is using the graphical interface of the launcher (already mentioned) end the other one is using the command line. To use the second one try following these instructions:http://planeshift.top-ix.org/pswiki/index.php?title=Players_Guide#Updating_PlaneShift_with_no_GUI

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »
thx. weird, but there apparently is not the file psupdater.exe... it all seems somehow mixed up. perhaps reinstall could be the best step to begin with?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »
There is no "psupdater.exe", it is "pslaunch.exe" for a long time already.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »
yes, now when write this into the "run" window, it accepts it - but doesn't seem to be doing anything...  :-[

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 08:28:07 am »
integrated graphic card Intel Graphics Media Accelerator [...] do you think this could be the problem?
I have a bad feeling about that. Chances are high your hardware won't run the client propperly, neither does my ancient-ish lenovo thinkpad ;)

kokoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 08:52:36 am »
yeah, I guess the fact that repair doesn't do anything probably means just that there is nothing to be repaired then... blast it  :-\ in any case, if anyone has another hypothesis, I'll surely try it, I still hope ... a bit ^^