Author Topic: can't connect to server  (Read 1115 times)

kirex

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
can't connect to server
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:12:43 am »
I'm playing over 7-8 years. Last 8-9 month i didnt play, and now i cant connect to game. Server is "offline or unreachable" but I see my ping?
I connect on http://www.planeshift.it/account/login and i see my characters. I reset my pass. Still nothing. Server (http://planeshift.teamix.org/) is online when i try to connect.
and i cant connect here: http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/login/   last time i connect on that page before 3-4 months, and I see my char and all my stuff.

Whats going on??????????

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: can't connect to server
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:50:20 am »
It would be strange that you can log in to your account, but not to your MyPlane site, as both use the same login/password combo as the game account.

Not being able to log in to the game may have different reasons (e.g. developers locking the login during maintenance), but the MyPlane site should be available all day.

You could try to reach a developer with access to user tables in the database by visiting channel #planeshift-gmtalk in the Freenode IRC network. Use names of "voiced" members there to greet them, that may ring their bell.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:52:06 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

kirex

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:41:45 am »
Ok, today i reset my pass 2 times. Now i can log on http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/. But still i cant connect to game. I see ping but its saying "The server is not running or is not rachable" or Incorrect pass or username... 

Maybe is problem with my router (some closed ports or something like that)???

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:44:05 am »
Have you tried running repair? Also, make sure you are running the latest version.

kirex

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:01:27 am »
Have you tried running repair? Also, make sure you are running the latest version.

Yesterday i downloaded latest version and i try repair too...

kirex

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:10:27 am »

could this be a problem?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:13:56 am by kirex »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »
7777 is the number of the UDP port of the remote game server (currently: planeshift.teamix.org), not of your local PC. You don't need to have UDP port 7777 open on your own PC. It doesn't matter which number your open UDP port has, it just needs to listen after it sent something.

Most firewalls or routers by default allow listening on temporary ports which just sent something. But if you have some additional "Personal Firewall", they may block connections they don't know to be safe.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:51:46 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 03:19:36 pm »
The server did crash two or three times yesterday so it might simply be a matter of having timing it just so.

kirex

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:31:58 am »
7777 is the number of the UDP port of the remote game server (currently: planeshift.teamix.org), not of your local PC. You don't need to have UDP port 7777 open on your own PC. It doesn't matter which number your open UDP port has, it just needs to listen after it sent something.

Most firewalls or routers by default allow listening on temporary ports which just sent something. But if you have some additional "Personal Firewall", they may block connections they don't know to be safe.

Ok. Thanks! still i turn off firewall - still nothing