Author Topic: felicitation and character creation problem  (Read 1817 times)

Miush Grawl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: felicitation and character creation problem
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »
Hello everyone,
For running as a administrator, that's ok, I have another error message (translate From french to english) : psclient_static met a problem and have to close. We apologize you for the incurred inconvenience. That's when I click to one of the races to have a character, what is the next program ?
Miush Grawl

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 04:52:27 pm »
If the PlaneShift client crashes while selecting a race, your OpenGL graphic driver is probably not suitable to run PlaneShift.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Miush Grawl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 06:54:58 am »
Hello LigH,
If my graphic driver isn't suitable, how my OpenGl could become it ?
Miush Grawl

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 08:34:08 am »
That may depend on the manufacturer of your computer, if they provide very recent graphic drivers for your model.

Especially laptop manufacturers often modify hardware so that generic drivers made by the chipset manufacturer may not work (e.g. the driver must be downloaded not from intel/ATI-AMD/Nvidia, but from the support pages of ASUS/MSI/Lenovo/hp/etc.). If they don't update their drivers regularly, you may ba stuck with technically outdated and incomplete drivers...

But I can imagine that your graphics chipset (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series) may be rated "suboptimal" anyway. And especially regarding ATI RADEON chips of that age, I remember that it may or may not help to change the use of VBOs in the graphics options.

Furthermore ... seriously? Windows XP SP2? Are you ... "suicidal" connecting to the internet with that?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 10:04:39 am »
Furthermore ... seriously? Windows XP SP2? Are you ... "suicidal" connecting to the internet with that?

An option you might want to look into is to use Linux on a old machine. I run Ubuntu 14.10 on an old Dell laptop. It's very user friendly and there are many here that can help you to install PS on it.

Miush Grawl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »
I believe that I've download Ubuntu a few days ago, that's a luck, but if I download to windows, is the solution work, I try, Miush.
Miush Grawl

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 02:39:18 am »
Ubuntu Linux is a different operating system. You will usually boot up your PC with either Windows or Ubuntu. If you have your harddisk partitioned, you can have both installed and select each time you start your PC, but most PCs are shipped with one whole partition, so that won't easily work without a partition resizer. Furthermore, Linux in general is different. Windows applications won't work on Linux, except with additional efforts.

Even if you decided to stay with XP after its "End of Life", Service Pack 3 should be the minimum version to stay with.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 02:52:17 pm »
You could also use the wubi.exe that is on the ubuntu iso if you choose to browse the files on the iso (dont ask me how, my knowledge of windows is very minimal) and then you could install ubuntu like any other program in windows and withou a doubt; the installer should contain info on how it further works.. (once again; no windows knowledge)
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Miush Grawl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:23 am »
Hello everyone, It's Miush, I have create a character and play yesterday, that's wonderful !!!
I've change my name Miush Grawl is become Miush Zrawl an akkaido enkidukai and I have visited Hydlaa Plaza where I've met Abelia Aruine, Xenak the guard and Naeve the blacksmith.
I'm happy except for the downloading time of the Planeshift Azure Spirit, I must wait 25- 30 minutes, it's to long ! How can I reduce the time ?
If that's not the good topic, I'm sorry !
Miush Grawl

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 09:48:11 am »
Are you on dial-up?

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 10:33:31 am »
I'm happy except for the downloading time of the Planeshift Azure Spirit, I must wait 25- 30 minutes, it's to long ! How can I reduce the time ?
It is well possible that he means the loading time after connecting to the server. I guess shaders and other graphical settings are already on lowest - if not, try that and clear the shader cache. Building up said cache takes a while the first (few) time(s) you play again, but then it should get better. Also, loading takes much longer when on the Hydlaa plaza, as there are lots of detailed other areas nearby. Maybe you prefer to logout on less demanding maps, like gugrontid or the arena.