Author Topic: "You don't have the correct permissions to continue!"  (Read 868 times)

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
"You don't have the correct permissions to continue!"
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:50:54 pm »
When I open pslaunch the following message displays:

"An update is available but you don't have the correct permissions to continue! Please restart the program as an admin."

But this is already an admin account. ><

I'm on Windows 7 Professional, and just installed PlaneShift 0.6.1 via torrent without incident. This happened the first time so I deleted it and tried running setup again, but the problem is still there. I'm not experienced with Windows so I don't know how to fix it. :(

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: "You don't have the correct permissions to continue!"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:39:55 am »
Running an "administrative account" still doesn't give you all privileges. Only the system account "Administrator" (which is unable to log in interactively) is allowed to write files protected by the UAC. Therefore, you must use the "Run as Administrator" feature for the PlaneShift launcher while updating. Right-click the "Run PlaneShift" icon on your desktop (or the pslaunch.exe in the installation directory), and select the "Run as Administrator" option in the context menu popping up.

I already created a bugtracker report suggesting to use "UAC self elevation" (you may know this popup window on a darkened desktop, asking you to allow administrator privileges to an application, blue if signed, yellow if unsigned). But we would first need to find a programmer who would implement this feature.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:44:48 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty