Author Topic: What if and teenage poetry  (Read 348 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
What if and teenage poetry
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:36:21 pm »
Surely you've all had a phase where you were all "gloom, woe is me, forget this world, curse be upon ye" and acted edgy, and even went on MySpace to write cringy stuff about ravens and whatnot. Well.

What if all the stuff written in the Death Realm is just because Londris is just an edgy edgelord, and Dakkru is actually rolling her eyes at him and sighing, and it turns out she just has to curse you because of a higher power? Or what if it's not actually her? What if Dakkru actually doesn't exist?

Discuss.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: What if and teenage poetry
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:01:56 pm »
What if Londris is edging to Dakkru, who's rolling her eyes in a condescending way and Londris is kinda into that sort of thing. What if the curse is just incentive to keep you there for a little while because Londris enjoys an informal audience in addition to Dakkru's occasional direct stare - no matter how brief?

"If and maybe land" is fun.

Since reality "as we know it" is perceived, and thus not the "straight dope", how do we know how much of our experience is made up and how much of it is truly objective? ie. You can see the apple's skin, but you don't know that there's anything deeper until you cut into it and experience what lies beneath. Risky! With only sight, you would never know of it's taste, texture, scent and weight. Perhaps if we had more senses, we would have a far deeper knowledge of said fruit?

What if you took a gigantic step back and saw all that is living as a single, highly complex, dynamic entity rather than as individual entities? Perhaps the space that separates them is more of an illusion or a limitation on our perception? This would of course mean that you and I are just small pieces of a single life form. It would help to explain why your sense of self is the same as my sense of self.

If you really think about it, at the center of  consciousness is "I". There's a sense of "me" that is not attached to the body. If you could slice away the body a strip at a time ( without all that distracting pain ), you would eventually be left with just a sense of "I" and perhaps your will and memories. Strip away those memories and the "I" that is me becomes identical to the "I" that is you. The only difference at that point is that this "I" and that "I' are in two different locations in spacetime. Obviously, a little hand waving is needed here since with all the slicing, death kind of becomes an issue.

Hey, what if magic was real ( like Magic with a "k" at the end ) and if magick acts performed within the game had real world effects (outside of the game)? As an example, while playing an mmorpg as yourself instead of as your character, you perform a destruction ritual against a fellow player who has really pissed you off. Afterwords, you go about your day and feel better about yourself and the fellow player who you cast the spell upon goes through a bout of depression and  self loathing and unwittingly walks in front of a moving garbage truck on their way to work and dies and their family and friends suffer by their bedside and like, have only the crappy hospital food to eat for comfort?

This might sound kind of loopy and whatnot, so let me tie up the loose ends here. What if living your life in reality and living your life in a game world are effectively the same thing? In each case, you get to interact with fellow humans, join your minds ( thinking as a team ), modify each other's minds (exchange ideas), grow, mature, fall in love, break up, hate one another, and eventually die so to speak? Does it really matter if the place where our minds touch are virtual or real?

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:46:02 pm »
What if the curse is there because Dakkru wants somebody else around the place to buffer the mood on account of Londris?  Maybe Londris is a bit too much, even for Dakkru, and she likes to have other people down there to dilute things a bit?  Oriven is not quite a conversationalist, so maybe Dakkru wants to keep a crowd down there simply because she doesn't much like being alone with Londris all too often?
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:09:01 pm »
Okay, I like how this is going. We should have this in game. Please keep going, boys.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »
What if Londris was not really Londris? What if he was actually Dakkru incarnate and in drag? Like she's getting her jiggy on by being all masculine and whatnot and having fun by lying to everyone who enters her realm?

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »
I'd do that. Who wouldn't do that?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:15 am »
Careful there. The Internet loves reverse traps.

The Internet. Full of heterosexual* people.

*Terms and conditions may apply

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 04:02:12 am »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 08:14:11 am »
Damn furries.

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 01:57:53 pm »
Actually, it`s not Londris who has this "woe is me" mindset.
Some lower-tier guys from the sewers could have it, though.
And that`s how it works, yeah.
DONT TREAD ON ME