Author Topic: Beagle type filter for new posts.  (Read 796 times)

Araye

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Enlightened
Beagle type filter for new posts.
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:32:44 pm »
I wish there was an active filtering system that searched the forum database as I typed a post for similar postings.  

That way when I tangentally switch topics with another idea or concept (something I haven\'t searched to see if someone has posted something similar - maybe it was posted before I even knew PS was a game) a window would pop-up with a list of those other threads.  That way I\'d know someone had suggested it before.

The reason I want this really is because it causes some peoples panties to get in a bunch.  It must chafe something fierce.  And we all know how much I hate to cause people distress.

Araye

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:45:55 pm »
And, I want a pony.

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

Araye

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Enlightened
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:08:58 pm »
It\'s a Joke people...  ha ha ha

McHammer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 12:32:33 am »
I dont know anymore do we have to use search or not:

Posted by DaveG
My god people... you resurrected a year old thread! Posting to a month old thread is ok, any more is annoying, one year is ridiculous. There\'ve been so many more threads since this one... Either post to a recent one, or make a new one. (they\'re free  ) Also, posting actual new information might\'ve been nice. So, if you combine these 2 concepts together... you shouldn\'ve posted at all.

Please don\'t grave dig on this forum.
TOPIC LOCKED

Posted by Karyuu
There is million topics about this. Use SEARCH!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:32:59 am by McHammer »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:00 am »
I don\'t remember writing that. What\'d you quote it from? Doesn\'t seem to come up in any searches beside this thread.

You have to search. Why? Because if a thread on your subject already exists, a new one is considered a duplicate and will be locked. However, if you find an already-created thread and you have nothing useful to add, don\'t add anything. Useful would be, as DaveG mentioned, new information - things people haven\'t mentioned, idea additions, new related issues/problems, etc. If you\'re going to post with a simple repeat of things that have already been posted, you\'re pointlessly reviving an old thread.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 12:58:50 am »
Code us a forum which uses AJAX. Then you will have your wish.