Author Topic: Mirc Roleplaying Channel?  (Read 1152 times)

Valfaran

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Mirc Roleplaying Channel?
« on: February 23, 2003, 12:48:01 pm »
Ok, so this isn\'t a forum request exactly. However, I think there should be a roleplaying channel for Planeshift\'s Mirc server. If there is already, pardon me, I must be blind, but...well...it\'s a suggestion. Maybe Kada-El\'s Tavern?  ;)

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 02:51:42 pm »
There is no RP channel in the IRC server...yet...But it is a very good idea. I think there used to be, but it was back when I didn\'t have much time to be online. Anyway, if a bunch of RPers gather around we could make one.

We could organise a system so that the distractions are minimised (There are always people that come in asking for warez, or the occasional bad RPer that kills all the characters just by looking at them :P). Maybe if a few regular (and serious) RolePlayers are given ops in the channel (which would be moderated, only voiced people can talk) and the rest of the characters as voiced, it will be alright. If somebody gets annoying, ruins the atmosphere, etc, then that person is removed the voice. I think if the ops are responsible it could work out.

There used to be a nice RP thread at Kada\'s forum, but then there were problems with the database and everything was wiped out. We wanted to start a new one from scratch but it seems to be inactive.

Valfaran

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 05:20:02 pm »
I really like the suggestion about voicing. I should ask around the Planeshift channel and see who would be interested in having a roleplay channel. I\'m sure that\'s not going to be a problem, though; the only hurdle we have to jump is how. Pardon my ignorance, but I\'m not that familiar with Mirc.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 05:28:00 pm »
I\'m sure someone in the mirc chat could help you set it up, like Washi, I might have been interested, but I don\'t really go into mirc anymore.

windwalker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 07:15:11 pm »
i\'ll be there!!

\"An archmage often can react poorly to interruption. Please reconsider before it is too late.\"

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 11:00:42 pm »
I for one will definently be there.  I\'ve already been rping in MSN chat rooms for over a year and a half.  It\'d be great to rp in the Planeshift world though.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

windwalker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 12:55:09 am »
its up
#roleplaying

\"An archmage often can react poorly to interruption. Please reconsider before it is too late.\"

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 01:56:44 am »
Can we have funny little names, and wear funny little hats. For example, I can be Sir Vandrinkalot, and I can have a funny sidekick, Golmez (Golbez, often mistaken to be Goldez by few who\'s names will remain unmetioned) And Washi can be Shiwa (He\'ll kill me for saying this, and the cookies...*drools*...the cookies never stop)
Actually, I am about to make my once a month IRC visit right........NOW! 8o

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Voldengrath

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 02:13:49 pm »
id go if the server was up, IRC is always down
Voldengrath Blake