Author Topic: Karmic Depression  (Read 929 times)

bilbous

Karmic Depression
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:08:58 pm »
The horror! Is this a popularity contest? Are people free to now go through all my posts and mod me into oblivion?

How naive of me to think that I could escape my past unscathed.

What are the consequences of karmic depletion?

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Karmic Depression
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:12:25 pm »
-1 Karma for Bilbous.  :P
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:12:53 pm »
I guess it was turned on by default after the upgrade.  If it becomes abused I will turn it off.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:24 pm »
I dont really like the idea of it, could give people a bad name in the forums and in game.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »
Hey, I like it. What's the lowest karma I can have? Just to have a goal to PL towards. ;)

But in fact just hijacking this thread as I want to know something else...Is there still a way to disable the use of smilies for my own posts in general without having to click on "Attachments and other options" and then check "Don't use smileys" for every single post?

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »
accountsettings->modifyprofile->lookandlayout->currentsmileyset->nosmileys

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 04:45:07 pm »
Ah..no..not what I wanted. That removes smiles for all posts (including others). The old forum had an option to set "Don't use smileys" global for all my posts...and if I really wanted smilies I had to change that for every post. Without that option it's the other way around for me now...I have to set the "Don't use smileys" option for every post (Or more likely I will edit every of my post to disable it later on as I of course will forget disabling it while posting).

Also "Don't use smileys" shows no smilies on my posts even for those who have enabled them. So just disabling them for me is maybe a nice way to not annoy myself with them...but still would make my posts look stupid (okay...more stupid then they are already just from the text) because of those damned smilies.

Edit: Added second paragraph

Edit2:

And as I already have a post...allow me to be a little bit stupid.. Damn....how can anyone make a bbcode tag that works only on IE properly???

Aiwendil

What takes me to the next topic....Who the hell did [applaud] me? That's counterproductive....
* Aiwendil pouts
The goal is to [smite] me....Hope everyone got that now!

And once more to see if I can nest them[nobbc][b]Not really bold[/b][/nobbc]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:04:46 pm by Aiwendil »

bilbous

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:03:53 pm »
From looking at the page source it looks like it just does the same thing inline.

Code: [Select]
<div class="list_posts smalltext" id="msg_450776_body">accountsettings-&gt;modifyprofile-&gt;lookandlayout-&gt;currentsmileyset-&gt;nosmileys</div>
</div>

The page source is a real mess though, is there some way to reduce the software's karma?

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »
Oo..do you see this ;) as a smiley? If that's the case..sorry...then I was wrong and forget what I asked ;)

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:48 pm »
And as everyone knows..I love to break forum rules..so double posting. This time with smilies disabled as suggested by bilbous but still enabled in posting.

;) :)

bilbous

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 05:11:14 pm »
It is a smiley but not a graphical one.  The second set are graphical.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:40 pm »
I see...okay, thanks...so I guess I better don't forget to disable smilies for every post now. For me both are text now...not really what I want...Now I wouldn't even notice I forgot to disable them. ;)

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
Hey I'm back to 0 karma, praise be to whoever upmodded me ... or is it all relative.
Odd that you cannot repeat an action for 24 hours, I suppose that is the anti-abuse mechanism.

I'm not sure why you care about the smilies, I think they are kind of dumb but not a real problem unless there are too many in one post.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »
Haha...no, don't get me wrong. Everyone who had the doubtful pleasure to "talk" with me in irc or jabber knows I love smilies....I just hate the icon representation.  In my view they make reading posts harder and make them look childish (and to prevent further misunderstanding, yeah, I am childish and love it...just not in the appearance of a text only the content).

bilbous

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »
Well I smote you once but someone applauded you again. I guess they disapprove of your nefarious goal to reach the karmic nadir.
Coincidentally that was how I discovered that you can only smote a person once in 24 hours -- unless the software doesn't actually work properly.