Author Topic: Flash intro movie  (Read 1253 times)

Lode

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Flash intro movie
« on: April 19, 2002, 02:16:09 pm »
This is not really a forum request, but a site request.

It\'s about the Tour of the City flash movie: the texts about Background and Races scrolls much too fast on my computer, I can hardly read what it\'s saying.  Could the moving text be made to move slower, or could you please add a scrollbar to it?  Or, alternatively, post the full text here or put it on a html page ;)

Thanks.

smohyee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Aye
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 08:13:06 pm »
I have the same problem

NuclearTes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 04:08:03 pm »
I think a pause button would solve that problem.

I myself find it pretty anoying to read scrolling texts, because I can\'t keep up with the speed, since English is not my mother language.

A pause button would enable people who can\'t read quick enough to keep up with the scrolling to read the whole text on their own speed. The text should start scrolling again when the reader clicks for the second time on the pause button.

Jessyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 04:29:37 pm »
hey, english IS my mother language, I can speed read, and I still have trouble keeping up with the scroll speed.  a pause button, or a scroll bar would be great!

Jessyn
Most things in life operate, not on reality, but the perception of reality.  

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 05:18:45 pm »
Yeah, I sort have the same problem.
I read fairly well, but when you click on the \"To The City\" button on the second page, and click on either background, or Races, it\'s pretty tough to keep up. I had to reset the story 2-3 times before I finished the entire thing. And yeah, a pause button is much better than the reset thing on the side.

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
blah
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 07:00:41 pm »
It is actually all the same material that you canfind in other areas of the site, just fancier.

not an issue anymore with new site redesign.  -- neko
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:35:18 am by neko kyouran »