Author Topic: pslaunch wont open, can't update  (Read 789 times)

KayKay76

• Traveller
    • View Profile
pslaunch wont open, can't update
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:42:05 am »
Hello. I have been able to play the game(version5.7.1), but have had freezes
in game. However, I haven't been able to open my pslaunch(it crashes) to repair, or update
anything. I do have a link to an update page, but all it shows is a bunch of files
which do have Aug. dates. But nothing that automatically updates me, or tells me
how to update.

So I ask, why is the game opening and working(except for the freezes), but I can't
open my pslaunch?

And, how do I do an update if the pslaunch isn't working?

I'm running OS 10.4.11 on a G4 intel mac.

Thank you for any reply. If you need more info, just post.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: pslaunch wont open, can't update
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:37:32 am »
pslaunch is the only updater.

You already executed it once successfully if you are now at version 0.5.7.1.

The Linux version has a known bug that the updated pslaunch doesn't have the executable bit set. I wonder if the Mac OS X version has similar issues?

Also ensure that it belongs to a user and group which has write access to the directory where it is located.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
I have a mac running lion and I was able to use pslaunch today to update to 5.7.2 Just noting that it does work at least for me.

KayKay76

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:41:57 pm »
Hello again. Thanks for the replies. Well, I didn't do anything that I know of to fix anything. And my pslaunch
worked today. I did the update that came on the screen. However, when I checked the 'get info' for the client,
I still have version 5.7.1.  Should there be another version showing if I did an update? Did I do something wrong?

Also, when I did the update it downloaded a file into the PS folder that says Win64? Why would it download
a win(windows) file if I have a mac?  Is it because I have the intel core? Can I throw this win file away?

I haven't tried the game again since I did the update I mentioned. I have bad weather here so I wont be on today.

Thank you again in advance for any reply to my questions above.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:39:25 am »
The executable client is still at its own version 0.5.7.1, although the data files are now at their own version 0.5.7.2.

These version numbers are not in sync across patch versions, only syncronized again with another version update and installer package release (next would be 0.5.8 if it appears as minor update, or 0.6 probably as rather major update – such big steps are usually related to an upgraded CrystalSpace engine version too).

Downloading the Windows 64 bit binaries additionally for any operating system is a known bug, but no serious issue (besides a little waste of hard disk space).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty