Author Topic: Launcher crashes whe I click Play (not over important)  (Read 304 times)

Hemmel Voldweith

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Launcher crashes whe I click Play (not over important)
« on: September 07, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »
I have a curious little problem with my version pslaunch.app. It runs itself perfectly, patches the game correctly, and even changes my settings, although some of them revert themselves when I click 'quit.' I always click 'Quit' because the launcher doesn't launch the psclient.app, but instead show a "pslauncher_static quit unexpectedly." If I open the client on its own, the game runs very well, and this isn't a serious problem, but it does have me curious.

pslaunch is version 3.04
psclient is version 0.5.9.12

I am running on a late 2008 15' Macbook Pro with 8 GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256 MB with a secondary NVIDIA GeForce 9600M 256 MB.
Do not meddle in things you wouldn't want to know.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Launcher crashes whe I click Play (not over important)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »
Welcome to the PlaneShift forums.

I believe there are already other threads mentioning that Mac binaries behave strange.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Hemmel Voldweith

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Launcher crashes whe I click Play (not over important)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »
So I can safely assume there will be problems throughout? Oh well. The only other thing I've noticed is that music playback is iffy. A couple other sound-based things, as well. Nothing really affects the game in a way to make it any less fun to play. Especially when RPing, and I just started!
Do not meddle in things you wouldn't want to know.