Author Topic: arty art  (Read 409 times)

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
arty art
« on: November 09, 2006, 04:08:11 am »
ahh well... took time to make myself a little signature. One for me and one for Eliseth :).

Mine, My first

Eliseth's, My second
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 07:17:27 am by Peacer »
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
Re: me and Eliseth's siggy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:02:00 am »
I be thankful for the siggy Peacer... here the slightly modified version that I use ^_^

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:33:26 am »
If I'm allowed to make a simple comment:

I think the idea is nice, and certainly those effects might look cool and give personality to the signature.

That being said, I think there's a problem with the background and foreground.
As it is now, it seems more as if what should be the foreground is acting as the background, and the other way around.

Both characters appear, imo, too blurry, with what I think was meant to be the background taking too much "first plane". I understand that, what you're aiming to, is a mixing of both environments, the background with the effect, and the character one embracing the other.

I mean that you don't want it to be a background where you stick a scissor cut "photo" of the chars on it. But, as it is now, it seems to me that the background has too much presence, catching too much attention an eating the scene.

I felt I had to say that, so you've some input (just what came to my mind when seeing the scenes) in case you needed a "spectator" impression of your work.

A last note, this time regarding the letters. There has been a chose of colour, to match the majoritary colour of the background. Well, in Peacer's one, deciding which colour domains might be tricky, but on Eliseth's one, the letters are green, and so is the background (majorly). I would suggest trying complementary colours for the letters (complementary to the colour domaining in the background, that is) it might look better, then again, it might not :P
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:23 am »
Personally I think they look fantastic, especially the second one. I prefer the text in that one.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:04:09 am »
Great artistic work which for sure needed some good skills. Its good to see this good signature from time to time, coz i really hate signatures of some people ;P

The only problem i see is that these 2 sigs are a bit too high. If they were same as wide but half as high, they would be perfect in my eyes.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!