Author Topic: Trefalgr's Secret OOC  (Read 3717 times)

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Trefalgr's Secret OOC
« on: April 11, 2003, 05:37:10 pm »
Ok, well Trefalgr\\\'s Secret was getting over-crowded with OOC stuff, so just put it here from now on, unless you attach it to the beginning or end of something else. I just don\'t like all those only OOC posts. It messes it up, kinda.  

Anywho, I guess now we need Wormtail\'s response before we can do anything else. Will he join us?
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 06:41:21 pm »
I will join you. By the way, I edited my post, but I didn\'t want to clog up the thread was a new post with only one sentence.
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 08:21:29 pm »
Originally posted by Wormtail_
What is your esteemed name, my friend?\" The last question was directed towards the old man with a large sword.

Zahtek isn\'t old. He\'s in his low 20\'s.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 08:38:55 pm »
Hey, I\'ve read a couple post of \"Trefalgr\'s Secret\" and I was wondering if I could join.  I\'ll just jump in at some point where it would be appropriate.

Also, could you sort of give me a summary of what\'s happening?  All I know is the party\'s opponent is a horde of demons...

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 03:27:41 pm »
feel free to jump in anytime, we will work you in
-We are all souls forged from blood, and in blood we made whole.-
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 03:37:48 pm »
wormtail_ the building we are in is a inn/tavern, plus there are still people there. We can\'t tear it down. And the suggestion sounds strange. Just a thought.
-We are all souls forged from blood, and in blood we made whole.-
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2003, 04:19:02 pm »
... There are still people in there? Then I\'ll have to edit the suggestion... I did read about the building being a tavern, but I don\'t remember reading about other people within the tavern. Then again, I might\'ve missed the area about people being inside the tavern while skimming through the thread. As for teh suggestion being strange, that is because either my character is strange, or I am strange. Or both. Either way, it is because one of us (my character or I) is strange.

Also, Ravenmaster, I edited the reply about the old man comment. I seem to be making many mistakes...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 04:26:07 pm by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 10:42:46 pm »
Im back! sorry i was at an FBLA competion for 3 days, ill see if i can add too the story now.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 12:38:33 pm »
Originally posted by Aruneko
Hey, I\'ve read a couple post of \"Trefalgr\'s Secret\" and I was wondering if I could join.  I\'ll just jump in at some point where it would be appropriate.

Also, could you sort of give me a summary of what\'s happening?  All I know is the party\'s opponent is a horde of demons...

Sure, we\'d be glad to have you aboard. Here\'s a basic overview of the story:

Part 1:
Trefalgr and his friend were riding through the forest and were attacked by a vampire. Trefalgr\'s friend died and Trefalgr killed the vampire.  He brought his dead friend along to a nearby inn.  The inkeeper, an old man named Gonnle, welcomed him and started telling him about how a wizard said there was an evil migration going on.  He keeps talking about how this wizard has been telling him about an evil migration.  Somewhere around here, Kinoss barges in , covered in cuts and bruises, says something about a map, and collapses.  He is carried upstairs and Trefalgr pays for his room. A sound of birds and very stiff winds comes from outside, then the door busts open and in the doorway is the Ravenmaster.  He tells that there is a migration and that \"the distribution of death will be much adjusted\". Gonnle charges at him and is knocked down by the wind.  The Ravenmaster goes outside and a bunch of demons begin attacking.  Gonnle goes upstairs to find the wizard, but he\'s not there.  When he comes back downstairs a demon jumps on him  and kills him.  Some young warrior goes outside to fight the demons and sees the Ravenmaster. He tries to attack, but the Ravenmaster grabs him, says, \"I am not the enemy\" and throws him into a horde of awaiting demons.  Zahtek(a barbarian who happened to be in the inn) and Trefalgr go outside to save the warrior, and find a horde of demons awaiting them.  They find the warrior, but he turns into a zombie and attacks them.  They see a big boss demon come out with a flaming sword and attack the Ravenmaster, who turns into a flock of ravens and flies away.  Trefalgr throws some flash powder on the ground and the two run back into the inn and close the door.  At this time, Trefalgr reveals his secret. He is carrying an artifact called the Haziknon that he must destroy. That is what the demons are after.  The big demon who tried to kill Ravenmaster busts into the room. Zahtek charges at him and is knocked across the room, his sword broken.  The demon grabs the Haziknon and raises his sword to kill Trefalgr.  Zahtek tackles the demon and begins pummeling him.  At this point Kinoss comes downstairs and throws a smoke grenade.  He jumps at the demon and stabs him in the throat. When the smoke has cleared slightly, Trefalgr kills the demon with its own discarded sword.  During all this, Dandor, the affore mentioned wizard has been blowing up the demons outside while riding his Pterosaur.  He comes in now, bringing news that it is dawn and the demons have fled.  He heals Zahtek and tells everyone to go to bed.

Part 2:
Then next day everyone get up and goes downstairs.  While they are eating, a Lemur, Rantal peeks through the hole where the door was and looks around with his bow drawn.  Trefalgr and Zhatek greet him and tell him to put his bow away.  
That\'s about where we are now.

I did that all from memory, so it may not be correct.  I reccomend you actually read it.

EDIT: I just got rid of my first edit
« Last Edit: April 14, 2003, 07:32:32 pm by Ravenmaster »
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 02:22:30 pm »
Ah, now I see where I confused the old man and Zahtek. Hmm, I wonder who will own the tavern as the old man is dead. :P If the old man was the owner of the tavern...

Anyway, I\'m not sure if everybody is supposed to know about the Haziknon or just a few people. If everybody should know, I\'ll edit my last post. If only a few people know, then I\'ll keep the post as it is. My character, after all, is new to the group.

Bood job on the overview and summary, Ravenmaster. I was confused on some points and your post cleared things up a bit.

One more thing: I am assuming that each village can protect itself against demons and other evil agents somewhat. Otherwise, the villages are going to become desolate wastelands, if you know what I mean. Or we can just say that the demons and evil agents consider destroying puny villages beyond their concern.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 03:27:27 pm »
I think this is the demons first great appearance. The other villages have no worries currently becasue the intent of the demons rest upon the Haziknon and not to destroy villages.

I think there are very few people who know of this Haziknon.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 05:30:51 pm »
Thanks for the overview.  I\'ll join in soon enough.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 07:03:29 pm »
Now that Gonnle is dead, it seems the cowardly barkeeper has taken over, seeing as Trefalgr payed him for a room. Maybe the barkeeper was Gonnle\'s son. Originally the barkeep was just an employee, but in any event, he seems to have inherited the inn.  

Here are some things you may want to know to avoid confusion and incoherent posts,as well as some basic rules (sorry if I seem to be dominating Trefalgr\'s Secret, Trefalgr.  I know you started it, so I hope you don\'t disagree with this):

1) Trefalgr\'s Secret is written in present tense.
2) You shouldn\'t write for other characters\' major actions.  You can say that they said something or noticed something, but you don\'t know their character, so don\'t write that they attack someone or anything major like that.

Characters:
(Everyone should write a brief discription about any characters they created so others will know how what to say about them)

Zahtek
Zahtek is a young barbarian.  He wears boots and leather pants, but no shirt.  He carries around a large, black sword which originally belonged to a great demon.  His chest is covered with a large burn mark from a battle with said demon.  

Dandor
The enigmatic wizard leader of the group,analogous to Gandalf, but not quite that powerful. He rides a Pterosaur and probably knows a lot about anything mystical.  

Ravenmaster
A dark figure who is always followed by ravens.  He seems to be immensly powerful, and if he were to die he instead turns into a flock of ravens and flies away.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2003, 10:43:10 pm »
Pssst, Ravenmeister, don\'t forget your dwarf in Seeking Fortune, we\'re just sort of wandering around waiting for him to talk....

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2003, 12:41:02 am »
Aruneko, if you want to join, you can do it now.  Zahtek just left the group to go visit one of his friends (you, perhaps).  If you do not join in now, that\'s ok, too, I\'ll just make up some other reason for Zahtek to leave.

Ok, Mehallie.  I posted something. It\'s not very helpful, though. Hehe...
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa