Author Topic: Trefalgr's Secret OOC  (Read 3715 times)

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2003, 02:32:50 am »
Don\'t worry about it Ravenmaster. I consider this story as much yours as it is mine.  :D (Plus it takes some of the strain off of me.)

I agree with Ravenmasters rules. So let\'s go with them for now.  :P

As for introductions...

Trefalgr
Trefalgr is a classical hero type. Long blondish-white hair, tall, slender but strong. Dressed in dark brown leather boots, pants and tunic. He also wears a black hooded cloak bearing his family creast, a small white shield with a red cross in front of a large red bladed cross. brown belt, small pouch hanging on right side, larger money pouch in back with a dagger next to it. His long sword, Brann (the Norwegian word for fire (just in case you were wondering(  :D  ))) hangs at his left. Brann was given to him as an heirloom, it once belonged his great, great-grandfather, General Xigel.
If I think of anything later I\'ll add it.

While I\'m writing OOC posts, I was wondering if there was any elements you wanted me to add to the story that wouldbe hard for you to work into your character writing. I\'m always open to suggestions. Not that it would be useable in the story but it might help...

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 02:38:33 am by Trefalgr »
-We are all souls forged from blood, and in blood we made whole.-
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2003, 03:33:21 pm »
Excellent, character information. Should we also put in skills and flaws of our character as well? It\'s up to either Ravenmaster or Trefalgr to decide if one should do so with every character. I\'ll do so with my character.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Rantal

Rantal is both an archer and a mage. He is a Lemur of average height and strength. His strength, however, is in his arms and not his legs. His intelligence is at least average, but it may be more so, as nobody has really noticed anything about hsi intellectual ability. He carries a longbow with a quiver with around 90-100 arrows, as well as a staff and magical bag of \'stuff.\' The bag itself is magical, as it reorganizes itself and preserves objects (like food). He wears the classic traveler clothes, brown and dusty robes, leather belt, and staff. He is the classic traveler as well, wandering from one place to another.

Rantal is skillful with the longbow and shortbow, as well as the staff in melee combat. His magical abilities include the Blue, Crystal, and Azure Ways. He can cast spells with the said magical Ways without having to speak. As he is a Lemur, he can see better than the average \'creature\' can in the dark, and is nimble.

Flaws of Rantal include his distaste of melee combat. He prefers skirmishing to melee combat, and is always fighting in the back unless the occasion is extremely urgent. He is, to put it politely, not the fastest of runners unless he is facing an enemy around twenty times as large or numerous as him. He has a habit of looking for a good place to hide whenever combat arises, but that is not neccessarily a bad thing, unless one counts the number of seconds wasted while he is looking. He is also \'slightly\' insane, as well as not being skillful in the crossbow and throwing knives/spears/stones.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

... Kind of lengthy for a character description, so I\'ll summarize it in the bottom of this post, which is the next paragraph.

Summary

Rantal is skillful in magic, the bow and arrow, and using a staff. He is the \'classic traveler,\' but wanderer suits him better. He is insane and somewhat of a coward, but can fight bravely in the back of the battle. He prefers skirmishes to melee combat, but will go into the brunt of the fighting if occasion demands it.
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2003, 05:30:20 pm »
Finally, forum\'s back up.  Well, I introduced my character.  His name is Aruneko.  (surprising isn\'t it?)  By the way, he doesn\'t actually know Trefalgr\'s name, even if I included it in my post.

Aruneko
A tall male dermorian of 74 years old, fairly young for an elf, but he\'s like an adult human (elves have eternal youth.)  He wields a short sword and a longbow, is clad in the average tunic and things as well as a dark green hooded cloak.  He is decent with a sword and skilled with a bow, and could be easily characterized as a ranger (though he isn\'t really attuned much to little forest creatures and the like.)  He has little magic skills, can ride horses, and is stealthy and alert.  He carries a pack of supplies with him and a quiver of arrows.

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2003, 12:04:07 am »
Kenoss

From the look of his clothing he seems to be a merchant. His pack is always full of odd items that would seem to have no use. There never seems to be a time where Kinoss doesn\'t have any useful item to use at his disposal. Kenoss\' skills are in the areas of cartography and the tinkering and creation of unique items. His most favored weapons are his items but in terms of normal fighting arms it would be a halberd. Kinoss\' origins are not yet known to anyone for he has many secrets of his true identity. The few details of Kenoss that are known is that he seeks a cure for his daugther who is plagued with a strange illness of which only a certain weed can cure. Kinoss seems very interested various traditions, games, and activities of the villages he comes across, writing short descriptions of every town he comes across. Although one might think otherwise, Kenoss is quite agile fighter. He has been known to fight with incredible endurance, speed, and agility when fighting. Kenoss, being a Klyross, loves to practice his flying ability quite often, hoping one day to be the fastest and longest flying Klyross.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2003, 01:58:24 pm »
I\'m sorry I haven\'t posted in the past two weeks.  I checked every once in a while the first week and it seemed to be down, so I don\'t know how long it\'s been back up.  I can\'t post now, either.  I need to go to class, but I will post later today.  

Kinoss, is your name \"Kinoss\" or \"Kenoss\"?
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2003, 03:35:18 pm »
Ok, I have now posted. Zahtek has returned.  Now, some of your keener-eyed characters may notice that Zahtek now carries a large, full pouch on his waste that wasn\'t there before.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2003, 04:05:06 pm »
Okay then, should our characters fight the thugs, go on their way to the next village, call Dandor, settle in the town or another option? Or do we leave that to the uncovering of the story? I am currently confused as to what we are going to do next.

One more thing: Should we have some sort of \'time-measuring object?\' You see, we will need to know exactly when night will fall, and plan accordingly, either in charater or out of character. Of course, it\'s up to whoever is the GM, DM, or whatever you call it of this thread. Unless it\'s a democracy... :P
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2003, 07:51:12 pm »
Aruneko will follow them whichever way they go.  Maybe there should be an IC vote.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2003, 11:45:53 pm »
I think someone should just go and do something.  As for time, I think it\'s a couple hours before nightfall now, so like six o\'clock.  We can\'t possibly make it in time to Letranech unless we remember that we all carry teleportation amulets...

(we don\'t really, so don\'t go and say, \"And Kinoss takes out his teleportation amulet and says, \'boy guys, look what I just remembered we all had! Geeze, we\'re so forgetful! Remember, Dandor said, \'now you guys could ride horses and take a long time to get to your goal, or you could just take these teleportation amulets and get there right away\', but we all thought horses sounded cooler!\' With that Kinoss rubs his amulet and is off to happy land\".)

So, anyway, this is basically an improvisation, and when you are doing an improv, one big rule is that you can\'t contradict what someone else says. This means, if someone says it\'s night, it\'s night.  Although we could yell at them in the OOC and tell them to change it, but if they don\'t we have to go along with it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 11:46:27 pm by Ravenmaster »
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2003, 01:39:20 pm »
LOL... nice ravenmaster. Ya, my name is actually Kinoss and not Kenoss. but in PS it is Kenoss because i made a mistake. Once the mistake is fixed my name will be Kinoss! got it?

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2003, 04:57:23 pm »
sorry I haven\'t written anything for a while, I\'ve been so busy I haven\'t had time to even check out where the story is, but I do have some time today, so expect something a little later. Thanks for being patient with me.  :D
-We are all souls forged from blood, and in blood we made whole.-
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2003, 02:50:16 am »
Ok, well, we seem to be stuck on what to do right now. The reason being, we need multiple people doing things at the same time, which is a violation of the rules. I suggest someone (Wormtail_ or Aruneko) give the other permission to use your character and the other one say what happens.  Man, I typed something like this before, but when I clicked \"Add Reply\" the site was down, so this message\'s predecessor never got posted.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2003, 10:54:09 pm »
[formal]Aruneko, I grant you permission to use my character the next time you post, under the following conditions. One, you must not get my character killed. Two, you may only control my character while setting the ambush. Three, please have my character either use his longbow, cast spells (any), or taunt the thugs. You may now control my character the next time you post, as long as it is related to the battle.[/formal]

By the way, it doesn\'t matter if my character stumbles or falls of his horse, as long as he isn\'t killed or anything. In fact, it would be interesting to have my character fall off his horse... :P

EDIT: It hardly seems that one needs to post a new reply when he was last to post in that particular thread. So, I will get my point across here. We need Trefalgr to post that his character is in position, and then I think Aruneko and I will lure the thugs into our ambush.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 08:17:12 pm by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2003, 01:41:28 pm »
I got it under control. Now, ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2003, 02:13:05 pm »
Now, we need Aruneko to post that his character is coming to lure the thugs. :P As long as nobody knocks Aruneko off his horse and charge in to aid my character. :P I feel alone, standing a respectable distance away from the thugs, though the four thugs and I all have horses...
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!