Author Topic: Monster hunt project  (Read 668 times)

drJack

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • Storyliner
    • View Profile
    • Fantasy Eydor
Re: Monster hunt project
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 02:47:30 am »
@ Eonwind
broad1 and broad2 -> check for Trepors aggressivity
ojaroad1 -> ulbernaut too difficult for newbyes
Added.
Thanks for the feedback Eonwind.

@ Bonifarzia
Yes, undead should definitely have an explaination. For now I'll check only the monster's location, after that, sooner or later, we'll talk about the necromancy in the setting team.
How undead works, how long can they remain and everything else. Just to check if we need some more explaination on this topic.
Thanks Bonifarzia.

@ LigH
For now we're checking mainly which monster to move.
Adding monster somewhere is an option too, but it's a secondary goal for this project. (I'm not arguing, I want only to let you know where we of the set-team will work more on this current step.)

bdouter -> option to add Gawert
Cam Banished (ojaroad1)  or Leaky Rock (across Gobble village) -> option to add Gorweals

As explained by Mordaan the tribes are not yet ready.
Thanks again, LigH

@ Aramara Meibi
(this has priority) outside of ojaveda entrance -> arangmas
Thanks Aramara.

@ Jawir
The sewers have many different monster, we'll check them.
Thanks for the feedback, Jawir.

---- Sewers
They're a major topic. We'll check them thoroughly.
grendol, toxic grendol, wrath rat and fayed velnishi to check (here).
Charcarass and Poison Charcarass (here)
----

(If anyone is asking why I'm repeating your suggestions is to summarize them in a list, so it will be easier for us to review them afterwards. I repeat them also to check if I understand them well, so if I didn't get something I'd ask you for more details.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:52:33 am by drJack »
Perfection is only a limit to improvement.  -  Fantasy Eydor

Primordial

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 11:51:50 am »
I'm against making everything newbie proof.
If the ulbernauts on oja road are difficult, let it be difficult. Difficulty is not a bad thing, despite the tendency for moden games to lead you by the hand and pet you on the head at every turn... As far as scenery is concerned, I'm fairly certain it makes sense for an Ulbernaut to be aggressive. If someone dies because they didn't know to avoid it, then they know next time. So really the question should be 'does it make logical sense for it to be there?' As there are other Ulbernauts in similar environments I don't see why not.

Don't coddle people.

I suspect, however, this will become a fairly moot point after the mobs have roaming capabilities.
I was always confused, however, as to why the fanatics were sitting around at the sewer entrance - were they waiting to try and run into the plaza or something?

As for aggression, I suppose it depends on setting or behavior mechanics. Maybe you could have a chance to switch between the two. A gobble roaming around might be just going for a stroll or it might be hunting.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:05:41 pm by Primordial »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 02:48:17 am »
A changing behaviour will require more than just a binary switch, rather a logic as complex as the tribe project. So it may come, but not really soon.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

brassbender

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:13 am »
Where to reply? In this thread?
then I've a clacker in the Arena entrance tunnel close to hycorr1 -102.7 -0.47 -160.97

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 03:19:39 pm »
Huh? One clacker which does not belong there? ... Not quite the topic here. Such accidents may happen when players attack and then start to flee but are chased by the opponent. But if you believe that the majority of specific lifeforms does not belong where they currently are, then his is the place to argue.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty