Author Topic: Warnings (MSVC 7.1)  (Read 365 times)

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
Warnings (MSVC 7.1)
« on: April 19, 2005, 03:34:35 am »
Hi,

I know that PS philosphy is generically the one to ignore the warnings, but I would have liked to be able to fix them, because I don\'t like to have warnings in my application, but I don\'t have the clue on how to fix them!

I ll show them here:
C:\\Development\\planeshift\\src\\common\\util\\fparser.cpp(1520): warning C4805: \'!=\' : unsafe mix of type \'const char\' and type \'bool\' in operation
C:\\Programmi\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include\\ostream(574): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc

These are examples of what I get while compiling PS. and they make references to eedit that I don\'t need. I get similar warnings also for other parts (specifically psengine.cpp).

Since csStringHash or something has changed, I get a lot of warnings concerning the updater (also this I don\'t need, I am just telling so you know, than you can do what you want with this information)

More, there are a lot of files that would need to change the includes from imap/parser.h to imap/loader.h. I would like to send those files, just if I would be sure that it is not considered stupid, since it is such an easy modification :-)

Well, I could write all the warnings here (there is some unsigned/signed mismatch also), but probably it is beyond the goal of this post :-)

Ary
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 03:35:01 am by AryHann »
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:04:49 am »
I have been able to fix all the warnings that were annoying me (so I don\'t know anything about psupdater warnings), with the help of the latest CVS commits and putting a cast for fparser.h

Ary
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess