Author Topic: Developer Tasks  (Read 1073 times)

aersixb9

• Traveller
  • Prospective
    • View Profile
Developer Tasks
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:38:48 pm »
What kind of tasks will I get as a developer? (My only task so far is to install the PS source and compile it...)

Also is there a secret developer discussion area where we can discuss game secrets openly???

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Tasks
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:57:55 pm »
For programming, there will be a wide range of tasks.  From bug fixing to offering designs for features.  Right now we are focusing mostly on fixing bugs and cleaning up the code a bit. 

Normally for programming stuff not much is a secret since it's open source.  There are 'private' meetings where we things such as quests and items are discussed.  These are 'private' because we don't want to spoil the game for players by having all the quests and new features already known.  Right now your best bet is to hang out on IRC in the #planeshift-build channel where there is a fair bit of build discussion and talk about engine related details.

----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:35 pm »
aersixb9:  I've read many of your other comments on other threads.  To me it sounds like you would be happier developing for Crystal Space than for PlaneShift due to the difference in work that's involved.  In the meantime, knowing how to compile PlaneShift (and Crystal Space of course) is a plus so feel free to join us in the Freenode channel.

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:25:37 am »
Aersixb9 is already a prospect since January the 4th.
I believe that he should have gotten a glimpse of his first task when he got it assigned :-)

If he will manage to pass the first one, he will eventually understand what else there is to be done.

EDIT: if there would be a secret area for discussing secret, it would be secret. DOH! :)
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess