Author Topic: question (starting game)  (Read 459 times)

Sabin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
question (starting game)
« on: September 19, 2003, 09:04:11 pm »
the server that was put up automatically is down i guess. What other servers are there and what server should i join?

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 09:20:17 pm »
There is one server only, hosted by Fragnetics.

Enter planeshift.fragnetics.com into the server field.

Sabin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 09:25:13 pm »
still says that the server is not running. . . . . . .

Sabin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 09:45:12 pm »
ok i see a post on a different forum. . . . i have xp and a router how would i be able to find out if there is a firewall going? and how can i fix this problem.

Sabin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 09:58:32 pm »
ok. . . .getting ticked. . . is this game worth my time or should i just back off?

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 10:05:03 pm »
If it\'s too much work for you, just wait until the next release...it should be around about...umm...sometime, people are saying christmas but I seriously doubt that ya fish

MaSsiE

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 03:24:21 am »
You could try to use the IP adress instead of the name.
ip: 203.81.47.74

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 04:17:44 am »
Originally posted by Sabin
i have xp and a router how would i be able to find out if there is a firewall going? and how can i fix this problem.

Usually you have to access the router via your browser and disable the firewall on it directly. You\'ll have to enter the ip of the router to get on it. Look for the manuals you got with it and try to find out what you need to do.
m.vanes

kronon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 04:30:58 am »
I have a home made special firewall-gateway server (with apache mysql php named and a cool upload download script)
I don\'t have any problems. I block connections that I haven\'t astablished. And planeshift runs without lag.

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2003, 10:57:05 am »
ok. . . .getting ticked. . . is this game worth my time or should i just back off?

Think for a minute. You\'re on a Planeshift fanboard asking if Planeshift is worth it. ;)

Need I say more, folks? :rolleyes:

Izzy*dot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 12:40:30 am »

Oki sabin..you\'re probably already long time gone...that seems to be normal in here, new people with no patience at all leave after they have left their COMPLAININGS. Well i\'ll tell you. It\'s worth yer time. It\'s worth waiting. But if you have not much patient, like in your case probably, you\'d better just back off. Aye?  :D
It\'s yer own choice..

Ride the Maelström!!

Hamled

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2003, 02:24:36 am »
I think that Planeshift is definitely worth it, but the atmosphere here is a little slow.... I would really like to see more people getting interested in building parts of the world on their own... THere was a City wishlist thread, and I see lots of people with ideas for cities... Why don\'t we work on creating layouts and architectural designs for them? Or create some quests....

Planeshift is an open-source, free project, and I think it could really benefit from the help of the entire community working to develop the content. We have so many more people than any MMOG dev team pretty much, and I think if we all put our resources togther, we could collaborate to make Planeshift the best MMOG ever.

So instead of just saying \"Lets wait for the next release\", lets help make the next release 10x bigger in scale and depth :)

PS - If any good concept artists want to help put my design idea for Yliakum City on to paper, I would greatly appreciate the help :)

boonet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2003, 03:52:40 am »
If people want to help develop new areas/places for Planeshift, they only have to join the team. Just remember that the fact of having this game Opensource does not mean that everything that comes into the mind of every single person can be thrown at it: some directions and guidance are needed in order to create some contents that are a) fun b) original c) consitent with the setting.
Another thing to reconsider is the idea of developing new areas on public forums where everyone can see them: what is the fun of finding ingame a zone everybody knows everything about, since its development has been public? No exploration, no hidden parts, no secrets... This is another reason why we encourage people who have ideas to join the team and create within its relative \'secrecy\': in this way they will create contents that will be a real surprise and a challenge for players.

Djaggernaut

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2003, 07:12:50 am »
Yes, totally Boonet.
Work WITH us instead of working on YOUR OWN.

But speaking about cities on the wish list forum is cool if you give global lines, then setting ppl can work on that and develop it.
Djaggernaut  - http://www.tridinaut.com