Author Topic: multiple accounts  (Read 787 times)

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 02:37:26 pm »
Originally posted by Gronomist
Oooo, just like so many other games... Wouldn\'t it be better if you made some html/php/asp registration thing on the site, instead of having to register, exit the game, check the mail, then re-enter the game? Or maybe you just have to type in a valid email (no checking or anything) to create an account? ... :P

I think the web thing is what we have planned to create your initial account.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 06:10:07 am »
Fun fun, acraig... Reminds me of Ragnarok Online... Fun game :P And a nice feature they had, where your characters could only be the sex you set, when you created an account. If my memory serves me right, that feature was even suggested sometime long ago, alas I just cannot remember the result of the debate... Oh well.

I kind of liked the idea tho. :P But multiple accounts are allways nice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 06:10:45 am by Kiva »
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2003, 01:02:57 pm »
When you think about it, if you don\'t start out with any items or money, then what\'s wrong with having multiple accounts? Having multiple accounts logged in is a problem, but seems to me like that is really easy to prevent.

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2003, 08:30:41 am »
Sure, Davis. Why don\'t we just put an IP block so only 1 IP can be connected at a time? That will easily prevent people from having two accounts logged on at the same time. But what about people playing from Internet Caf?s? Or school? Or the people who have a brother or a sister, and they want to play both at the same time (on two computers, of course)? Well they\'ll just have a problem, wont they? Or maybe you have a better suggestion? :P
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 10:33:39 am »
lol, using ip blocking is useless anyway. If someone really wanted 2 they could use a proxy to change their ip on 1 pc.