Author Topic: FAQ for you newbie people  (Read 2447 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
FAQ for you newbie people
« on: January 06, 2002, 01:58:14 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:
NOTHING OF THIS IS OFFICIAL

Oldman Kay
                            posted 25-11-2001 18:37 GMT            

Can you give us a release date?
                         Don\'t hold your breath, The P.S. Team is short on developers, which obviously slows the process.

When will the demo be released?
                         The Demo is expected to be out by the end of this year (2001)

How many races will there be in Planeshift?
                         Twelve altogether.
                         Humans: Xacha & Ylians
                         Dwarves: Clan Stanebreaker & Clan Hammerwielder
                         Elves: Nolthril & Dermorians
                         Other: Kran, Klyros, Enkidukai, Lemurs, Diaboli, & Ynnwns

Will there be guilds in Planeshift?
                         Most Definitely, there will also be special powers for associated with each guild.

Will there be Player vs. Player combat in Planeshift?
                         Yes. There will be PvP in stadiums and/or arenas.

What will you do to prevent unwanted PvP?
                         There will guards inside the city to prevent player killing and punish assassins.

How large will the Planeshift world be?
                         There are eight underground levels to explore.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Runescape, what is Planeshift?

What skills will there be in Planeshift?
                         Skills will include; One or Two Handed weapons, Magic, Stealth, Locksmithing, Martial Arts, and more...

What will be modifiable at Character creation?
                         Different races will have different changeables.
                         Most will probably be Hair style, hair color, skin color, Body type (thin, built, heavy), etc...

Where can I download the game?
                         You can\'t download it yet. The demo must be made(released at end of \'01, early \'02).

So we cannot play this game yet?
                         Yeah.

What are guilds?
                         Guilds are pretty much another name for clans.

What will be the benefit of owning/being in a guild?
                         The guild will be able to by a large building as a heaquarters. You can have alliances with other guilds and become a \"Alliance of
                         the Rights\" or form together to attempt and overthrow all dinasties and take evil rule for yourself. You can also band together
                         against others.

How can I become a member of the team?
                         First go to the HELP US! section. Find a certain \"profession\" that you would most like to and be able to help out in. E-mail the
                         director of your \"profession\" to see if you can join. You will get more information from the person you e-mail after that.

Who is the overall \"master\" of PlaneShift?
                         Luca Pancallo.

What does a W.T.B. Member mean?
                         It means Want To Be Member. They are wanted by the PS team and are thinking about them to be in. They are not OFFICIAL
                         members but are members at that.

If you are a PR Member, what are you?
                         A Public Relations Member means that you advertise the site and other things about PlaneShift and you get information out and
                         get everyone excitied about PlaneShift.

The Dwarf picture on the \"Pics\" page looks really dinky. Is that what the game will look like?
                         Yes and no. Yes because it is the basic concept of the views, menus and so on. No because let me remind you that picture has
                         been there a long time. So long that they could have developed the \"skeleton\" of the dwarf and other characters even more. This
                         company has been at work for 10 years so you never know how old some of these things might be.

Must our name be \"role-playing style\"?
                         No it can be whatever you would like. But don\'t be an idiot and do \"1m C001\" or \"Sw33t Ch33ks\".

Will there be more races, or are there only 12?
                         The 12 specified are all of the races.

On the DownLoad page it has pictures of banners for PlaneShift, what is their purpose?
                         For anyone making a PlaneShift fan-site, or any plain old site, they can just put it on their page to advertise PlaneShift.

By: Oldman Kay, and Fuzzy Donkey
    icebolt
    PS W.T.B. Member
                            posted 25-11-2001 19:04 GMT            

Just one thing:

Must our name be \"role-playing style\"?
                         No it can be whatever you would like. But don\'t be an idiot and do \"1m C001\" or \"Sw33t Ch33ks\".

We do encourage the Role-Playing aspect though. I think it would be prefered if the names were for the purpose of roleplaying.

Oldman Kay
                            posted 25-11-2001 19:07 GMT            

Well could say a fighter be named Merilin?

I think if there are no names like \"Hugh Jass\" or \"1m /-\\ []D [] []\\/[] []D\" then it basically has to be role-playing.

Even a simple name like Jason or Brian would be fine I think.
    Oldman Kay
                            posted 25-11-2001 19:09 GMT            

Sorry about this, just testing something...

[][]
                         ./
    Fuzzy Donkey
                            posted 27-11-2001 22:29 GMT            

haha oldman kay, you screwed up on one, the answer is bold on the skills question, haha, go shine your goody two shoes before
                         me and marn kick your butt
    lpancallo
    PS Director
                            posted 28-11-2001 09:16 GMT            

Nice.
                         This should be added to the main PS web site.
                         Can you please contibue to collect FAQs on this thread?

I will get all that is here, make necessary mods, and then add it to the main page.
    Fuzzy Donkey
                            posted 02-12-2001 18:20 GMT            

Cool, will you put me and old man kay\'s name up?
    Oldman Kay
                            posted 02-12-2001 19:58 GMT            

Yeah, pwease?

Anyways, I was thinking of some more...

Are their boundries of name calling, rascist, and/or sexist etc. remarks?
                         There are no boundries, or consequences officially released yet but I highly doubt that there won\'t be at least one thing to stop
                         the name calling etc.

I died and lost all my stuff, can I have it back?
                         Sorry but all there is to say is tought luck. The point of this game is not dying, but it can happen. Just remember, in the long run
                         experiance is much more valuable than items because with more experiance, the easier the items will be to regain.
    Oldman Kay
                            posted 02-12-2001 20:02 GMT            

BTW, me and Donkey don\'t mean HUGE letters saying made by us, just a little thing at the bottom saying By: Oldman Kay and
                         Fuzzy Donkey

I have seen a few \"bugs\" in the game, what do I do about it?
                         I suggest you e-mail one of the people specified in the Help Us! section of this site that have to do with graphics. Or make a
                         small post describing the \"bug\" in a formal manner.