Author Topic: goverment?  (Read 292 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
goverment?
« on: January 06, 2002, 03:49:20 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:

corgan
                            posted 01-09-2001 05:20 GMT        

you say that this game will have a government type playablity. What do you mean by that, like do you mean someone like me
                         could become king or just that there is a AI based government.
    icebolt
    PS W.T.B. Member
                            posted 01-09-2001 09:58 GMT            

We will have a counsel of eight Octarchs running the show, each with 20 Vigessimi placed under them. I am not sure yet wether
                         these are AI based or not.
    Catalyst88
                            posted 02-09-2001 17:27 GMT            

Maybe you could have elections - start off with AI rulers, but gradually replace them with humans, if they want to become rulers
                         (it\'d be a pretty hectic job) and if they can\'t do it properly, hold another election? Just an idea.
    corgan
                            posted 04-09-2001 09:23 GMT            

what about guilds , will people be able to join guilds and fight each other for stuff like relics or land?
    lpancallo
    PS Director
                            posted 14-09-2001 16:48 GMT            

Two important topics here:
                         1) government
                         2) guilds

Government:
                         Some octarchs and vigesimi will be AI controlled, but many others will be players. Members of the PS Team will have this
                         positions and high level players (if they want).
                         The election can be based on votes of other players and can bring to the formation of guilds.

Guilds:
                         Surely we will have guilds! Starting from the first demo that will allow players only to roam in a demonstration area, we will
                         introduce guilds.
                         There will be leaders of guilds and each guild will have a special \"power\" or magical item available only to members.
                         As far as guild \"fights\" I will prefer to have guild \"competitions\" on resolution of important quests or in getting important magical
                         items.

Bye, Luca.
    Kendaro
                            posted 13-11-2001 05:52 GMT            

wow how did i miss this thread??? those are some great features. something i am wondering though, are these special guild
                         items like, say, a cloak or something to show the guild colors or insignia? one other thing. i love the idea talked about in the
                         description of Enkidukai, about them living in packs. the packs shown by the cutting or painting of the fur. this marking of the fur,
                         is that something that is chosen in char creation or is it possibly something we as players can choose to do when and if we
                         creat a player type \"pack\" or as i like to call it, a pride.

i ask that last part cause i am very, very interested in making such a \"pride\" with a few of my Enkidukai friends.
    PS Official Member
                            posted 13-11-2001 06:17 GMT            

If this happens, by my guess (a guess mind you), I would most likely say the carving would be selected from default for normals,
                         and possibly user-made on donator. I do not really have any clue.

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 08:52:02 pm »
Bump... heheh

For anyone not getting it, heh, this post was the last in the wish list forum.... can ya tell im bored

Lozza123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 06:30:04 pm »
Anyone here know about the military Junta ruling Chile all those years ago?  A military guild could be a ruling party and control most of the world.  Then they could have various things like taxing and public enemies.  Revolt and revolution would make it a really turbulent game even if it happened all the time, with game masters and admins controlling disgruntled NPCs.  Imagine just logging in one day outside some big palace or citadel and seeing every citizen in the town turning against the ruling government made of PLAYERS!  Wow, that would be a blast.  *looks to his left* oh ****!  My citizens want to kil me because of the lack of toast imports recently!!!  *phew*  *faints*
Don\'t be brash and take that stash of hash you found in the trash, it won\'t get you cash but you will dash out to splash something on the nasty rash it gives you.  

Trintha

• Traveller
    • View Profile
neato
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 12:08:59 am »
just wanted to say that!
\"Who told you that you could eat my cookies!?!?\"