Author Topic: Color up your robes  (Read 490 times)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Color up your robes
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »

With the recent update of the BoNeeMods, a new set of fanart textures for robes is available. The very simple modifications provide color variations for each of the six ways, for all robe models which we already seen in game. As with all texture mods, you simply replace the looks of some objects, which will of course only affect your own client, and act equally on all robes of the same type (race and gender). This means the mods can be nice to make screenshots or to enjoy suitable looks of your character, but the overall use is quite limited.
I would like to open another topic for this to leave room for comments, as the variety of things to comment on the BoNeeMods topic keeps growing. Here are some previews Neeno captured. The full sized images are in the corresponding section of GreatShift.

Azure Robes, Blue Robes, Brown Robes, Crystal Robes, Dark Robes and Red Robes.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
Re: Color up your robes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »
Very Nice, I like them alot.  :thumbup:

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:39:27 pm »
Very nice! I like it. No doubt some don't like the default colors. But if the graphics are already there, how hard is it to add it to the client so everyone can see the change? Regarding dermorian robes though, I'm disappointed not about the color, but about the style. Firstly they look like monk robes, especially female model. I'd expect something more of a cloak style. Secondly, the hood is not removable. Which fits pretty badly with helmets, and in general you don't want to always wear a hood around.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »
I guess that when proper textures are provided by the art department, there will not be much of an effort to fully support them on the engine side. To compare, we already have lots of bracer variants in game. The samples here are really just very simple modifications, Gilrond. Altering the meshes would be really a lot more work and should be done as a proper contribution to the game content.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
What I mean is rather some lightweight theming for objects that will avoid using new textures. If the mod already provides this capability as some small tweak in color, it can be shared over network with other players with minimal traffic. That will require to extend the engine, but will be easier than creating new textures.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:12 pm »
they must be under ABC to begin with.