Author Topic: Protect gladiator type NPCs against ranged attacks  (Read 107 times)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Protect gladiator type NPCs against ranged attacks
« on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:02 am »
The long wait is finally over ! ;) Magic resistance has arrived...

For this reason, I would like to open yet another discussion concerning the gladiators in the arena.

I'll just note this. The idea of the arena is that is is a place where fighters come to engage in combat to test and improve their skills. The arena isn't really designed, or intended for ranged combat at this time. As Durgrem mentioned since some mobs are a little out of balance we are tolerating some wall killing but when the mobs are properly balanced wall magic killing isn't going to be acceptable in the arena. If you want to do that sort of thing to practice your magic then find a place out in the wilds to do it. Remember the idea and spirt of the arena is it is a place that fighters do battle with each other in the pit and some times for the entertainment of others watching form the stands. Not very entertaining watching someone standing on or behind a wall safely firing magic at a mob

Yes, this is the same quote as in a previous topic with similar content.
The suggestion here, however, should be a different one, straight forward to implement and discuss:
Since ranged attacks against gladiator type NPCs are somewhat considered an OoC element, one could grant these NPCs preventively high resistance values. As far as I know, only ranged weapons inflict damage of the type "pierce", and with the recent addition of magic resistance, it should be simple to make all ranged attacks highly ineffective against certain NPCs.