Author Topic: jumping?  (Read 668 times)

Stillwai

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
jumping?
« on: January 19, 2003, 08:56:44 pm »
well? How about jumping?
So it is written, so it shall be done.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 03:35:12 am »
Jumping is planned but is not in MB.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 07:44:38 am »
What would jumping be needed for? would it be a combat tactic, or used for getting to high up places?

I cant really think of any important uses for jumping. Anyway, what i\'m trying to say is, why put it in if it\'s not needed? Wouldn\'t it just contribute to more lag with people jumping around the place? Or wont it make much difference?

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 09:29:23 am »
Well, first of all it IS a combat tecnique.
In martial arts you use jumping all the time to do a lot of different moves like to do a hop-kick, do flips and so on...

Magicians/martial artists could be able to jump even higher and father than what\'s normal by manipulating the gravity.
If you have watched the movie \"Crouching tiger: hidden dragon\" you know what I mean.
Of course jumping could be used for a LOT of things...
Just give me a day or so and I have more ideas  :))

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Dustman

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 10:03:02 am »
Yeah! jumping would be cool if your like a ninja character and you\'d jump from roof to roof while stalking your prey.

And what would a cat be if it can\'t jump?!! am referring to the cat-like character (sorry can\'t seem to remember the name)

However, it would totally be outclassed and totally made useless when your facing a klyros :) hehe
- From Dust we came, and to Dust we shall return. -

Vladamir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 11:33:44 am »
Jumping seems to just be a given, but it also would probably be good to tie into combat also with certain martial arts moves.  As long as you have jumping take away a fair amount of stamina then you really won\'t have to worry about people causing lag from it.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 01:09:59 pm »
Read my thread \"meters\" for more info :P

Anyway of course you should be able to jump from roof to roof (and perhaps even run on walls :)) ) But you will be able to win over a klyros.
If he\'s trying to fly you just jump like 6 meters up in the air and kick him back to the ground.
A trained klyros will be pretty hard to beat thought :)
But klyros have a weak point. If you use SD arrows (seek-and-Destroy) you should be able to hurt their wings so that they couldn\'t fly for a while.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 08:48:53 pm »
I dont really like the Idea of running on walls, crouching tiger hidden dragon style fighting. I thought this was a medieval setting game, not oriental, ninja type.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2003, 06:18:39 am »
This is a MMORPG, and Ninjas should be included because it IS a fantasy medival game.
If you have played other RPGs you know that ninja is a very common class.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2003, 06:52:20 am »
hmmm, I wasnt aware that ninja was part of a medieval setting, but i\'ll take your word for it.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 05:19:44 pm »
There are no classes.

Vladamir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 05:30:41 pm »
Well really there are no classes that is true, so you if you have skills somewhat like a ninja would have you could call yourself a ninja if you wanted to.

Uh, since when can people jump 6 meters when they are only at most 2 m.  Although a Kran might be taller I doubt he can hardly jump at all.

Of course you will be able to overcome a Klyros, just because they can fly doesn\'t mean they are almighty.  As it says on the main page, they can fly for short times.  And then I\'d assume they have to wait a while before they could fly again.

I must say I\'m against running on walls, just doesn\'t seem to fit in.  And as for SD arrows... um, probably not.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 10:02:41 pm »
It seems like people have to be reminded every day that THERE ARE NO CLASSES! :P

I believe the ninja is very similiar to an assassin like character. both are agile and stealthy if need be. Both are good at killing before the victim knows what hit them. So I suppose you could say that jumping would be a must for those types of characters.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Monocle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 10:36:26 pm »
Yeah, m16\'s are sweet!

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 01:11:57 am »
This is the stupid crap that are making these forums suck, I am always told to not make stupid comments or be offtopic, and now these lame ass newbies are comming and and spaming the shit out of this place, and no one is doing anything about it.
The Great Linksunius