Author Topic: Black Flame knowledge  (Read 1425 times)

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Black Flame knowledge
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »
Hi everyone!

Since a few days I'm getting interested in what Black Flame is. I've red every text I could read about it on the forums. But still, I have not enough information to rp my character well enough getting a cultist. I don't even know if this cult is suited for my character. Is there any documentation about this religion I could read?

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Black Flame knowledge
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »
You must play with a character to get this knowledge.  Also, you must use that knowledge to make and play your character.

Something's not working :P

I'd recommend OOCly doing the quests to do with the Black Flame and then deciding.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:22:52 pm »
Its true that few things are known even OOC about black flame and that creates some problem when you have to decide if want to play one... i happened to read their books without doing the quests when i was new to the game since some player got them with an alt and then decided to suppose he got them form a friend who sacrificed his life for this and he was warning everyone else (pretty bad idea imo but anyway).

All I can say is that by becoming a black flame you forfeit your soul and your character's actions are guided but whatever that Black Flame deity is. So what you do is determined greatly by the game's settings which is why playing a black flame well may be hard. Revealing in any way you are a black flame or leaving the sect is out of the question...

But the best to do is indeed trying to do the quests, if the things you'll have to do are just too outrageously cruel, chaotic, merciless or whatever, then your char won't do them and won't be a black flame. If he ever had the guts to ask Reliom for a job of course  :devil:

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »
Hello possible BlackFlame follower, you may not have noticed but in the important topics in this board is a thread with some basic details for the BF Some BlackFlame guidelines from the Settings Team

If you have any specific questions about playing a follower you can ask me either on IRC or via forum PM. But as mentioned a good way to see if you fit will be to try the in game quests, but it’s easier to get the right result if you have a prior understanding of just what being a BF follower entails.

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:40:42 am »
Its true that few things are known even OOC about black flame and that creates some problem when you have to decide if want to play one... i happened to read their books without doing the quests when i was new to the game since some player got them with an alt and then decided to suppose he got them form a friend who sacrificed his life for this and he was warning everyone else (pretty bad idea imo but anyway).

All I can say is that by becoming a black flame you forfeit your soul and your character's actions are guided but whatever that Black Flame deity is. So what you do is determined greatly by the game's settings which is why playing a black flame well may be hard. Revealing in any way you are a black flame or leaving the sect is out of the question...

But the best to do is indeed trying to do the quests, if the things you'll have to do are just too outrageously cruel, chaotic, merciless or whatever, then your char won't do them and won't be a black flame. If he ever had the guts to ask Reliom for a job of course  :devil:

So there are some books ingame explaining their cult, and you can get them by doing their quests?  \\o//

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:25 am »
Well ... there is a Black Flame temple. With a library.

Read the thread Venalan linked!

Always remember that Black Flame followers avoid getting obvious, avoid too much interaction with normal people. They are stealthy, stay hidden. So you can possibly guess where to find those who changed their mind. Little hint: They hear whispers...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »
...i was new to the game since some player got them with an alt and then decided to suppose he got them form a friend who sacrificed his life for this and he was warning everyone else (pretty bad idea imo but anyway).

No one ever showed the books to Ven, yet someone spoke of a friend who died to reveal the BF and their temple. Wonder if it could be the same person?

- Nova

[Edit: Removed name of individual which was posted here by mistake. ]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:34:01 pm by novacadian »

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 04:19:53 pm »
Well ... there is a Black Flame temple. With a library.

Read the thread Venalan linked!

Always remember that Black Flame followers avoid getting obvious, avoid too much interaction with normal people. They are stealthy, stay hidden. So you can possibly guess where to find those who changed their mind. Little hint: They hear whispers...

Like I said, I've already readen every subject on the forum speaking about black flame. But the fact that there are some documentation ingame are good news, this will make it much more interesting. I've asked some friends, and they told me that some of the black flame quests are broken. Is this true? Any idea when they gonna be fixed?

Elkarway

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 06:59:42 pm »
Heh, PlaneShift: where you have to quest for the settings information you need to know to roleplay properly.

:P

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:34:50 am »
Lol

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 06:06:41 pm »
* Mokek scratches his head "Huh?"

Taulus

• Game Masters
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 07:02:25 pm »
Mokek, the black flame knows your name. :-X
Did the button say push me?... No it didn't did it.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 09:15:39 pm »
* Ilaro  is outraged he wasn't allowed to enter the temple after doing ALL the dirty jobs for those crazed peeps down there in the sewers.
* Ilaro Gharuno shakes a fist in anger at Relliom.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »
BlackFlame should not be a choice in character creation. It should only be a choice in character development. It confuses new players to much.

The 'whispers' crowd are not BF followers. Once you do the quests, you will understand.

BF followers do not try to hide away from 'normal' people, as LigH implied. They blend in with normal people. They appear to, and may even follow the other gods.

BF followers are not "up to evil" all the time, nor do they spread chaos. They just follow orders they are given. Some of these orders may be very bad, like burning down and orphanage. Some of these orders may be very good, like helping build an orphanage. Every order to a BF follower is like setting up a domino in a vast cascade. It does not matter what color each domino is, as long as the end go is achieved.

My advice to play a BF follower is this: Don't. Play a follower of another religion, but in the back of your character's mind, they know it is all an act. You are a sleeper with a normal life, playing a normal character, waiting for orders. You don't know what the end goal of you masters are, just that their orders MUST be obeyed without question.

Who am I? I am the person who wrote half of the BF quests and most of the books (if they are still there) in the BF library. The real quests for BF (not the whispers ones) do not present an obvious answer. There is always a choice to be made, even if you don't see it.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 01:43:27 pm »
What he means is, if you play a BF character it'll have no impact on your char for now, though you can feel he's awesome because Soon TM he'll have stuff to do.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!