Author Topic: Tazen and GM events  (Read 996 times)

Glaciusor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Tazen and GM events
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 10:52:52 pm »
Alright, my own two cents, "Players are allowed to organize events on their own, like duels, hunting sessions or even more complex stories they can role-play. GMs should not interfere with those events apart from the usual moderating work. In no case is a GM allowed to provide prizes for events created by players, or use GM command functions to help the set-up or development of the event.".

Tazen has never interfered from what I've seen and I've seen a lot. He starts events, true when players make mention they'd like them sometimes, but they add a ton of variety to the game and players love them, all of them. A few events on occasion that are nearly impossible to catch just make people frustrated. Tazen comes in as a guard when it's warranted, like when there's a fight in the tavern or in front of Harn's; I've been told directly by a GM that events like this would catch guard notice almost immediately in Hydlaa.

I personally like all that has happened since Tazen came back and started running frequent events, and for many reasons. For one, the game just seems like this static thing we just run around aimlessly in, but when there are frequent events, it breaks up the monotony. It sparks tons of RP, allows players to do something quest-like, but actually interact with people, not the usual "click, click, click, run over here, click, click..." of a quest. Honestly, players also like to be able to get special stuff, useful special stuff too. Without a chance to participate in an event, they only get to see what the older players carry around, obtained years ago, and get frustrated. Tons of players have spent hundreds of hours in game, and haven't even seen a single event. Heck, I ran a player event once just to give someone a chance to see some event, and potentially win a prize.

As well, this bridges the player-GM gap... instead of seeing GMs as those quiet people who only come in when PS is acting up or punish people, people now see GMs as actual people, here to make the game a more fun place. With 40 people online usually, AFTER the merging of the servers, we need PS to be made more enjoyable.

As for any other rules Tazen may be violating or getting close to violating... I think those rules need to be revisited, because I 100% approve of what Tazen is doing, at least what I can see. If the rules state that what Tazen does is bad for the game, and there is this overwhelming response by the players (a large percentage of active players) that say what he is doing is good for the game, then the rules are not right and need modification. Rules change over time, they don't just get set in stone and then have merit just for existing; they are set in place when there's a reason, and they are also removed or altered when there's reason.
"This might seem odd, but you should get a battle metronome."

Tazen

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 10:17:59 am »
Guys I'm truly honoured by all your encouraging and kind comments, thank you so much for your support; it means a lot to me and I've heaps of respect for all of you. I'm still committed to helping where I can, and supporting you guys whenever possibly.  :thumbup: 

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »
 :thumbup: What Glaciusor said.

I was lucky enough to participate and enjoy some of Tazen's events.  All I have to add is, "YAY Tazen!"

Sanrai   :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

Taulus

• Game Masters
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »
Nice vid Taz, pity you have locked it now there are lots of us that enjoyed it xxx
Did the button say push me?... No it didn't did it.