Author Topic: Armor protection overview  (Read 172 times)

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Armor protection overview
« on: December 11, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »
Hello, I did search a post with an idea similar to mine but I haven't found, so, feeling quite discouraged by the "wishlist rules"  :-[ :-[ I try to explain my idea. Now I'm playing regularly from some months and I have found could be useful to have a way to figure out how much protection the armor I'm wearing can give me. For example, if I RMB(right mouse button) on a piece of armor I can see how much it protect from blunt, slash and piercing. But this is a fixed value and it don't give me the information about the real protection that depends also to my armor skill level. Moreover, if I want to compare the effectivness of the various piece of armor of one kind, for example light, with its counterparts of medium armor or heavy, I haven't a direct feedback on it. So, I would like to see, for example in the Inventory Window, beside my char doll, a value showing the protection given by armor, so I can, for example, substitute one piece of a kind of armor with anothe kind and see how the protection change. This could be integrated with the protection given by shield too, and all of this not just with a fixed value, but the real value based on skills.
I hope this could be useful not just to me.
Any opinion/suggestion are welcome!  \\o// \\o//

Tlok

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Armor protection overview
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:30 am »
I'd definitely find that useful.

And if it's below the "standard" statistics in the inspect menu, it wouldn't intrude upon those who would rather rely on guestimates - this is friendly to both playstyles.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Armor protection overview
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:30:34 pm »
I'd definitely find that useful.

And if it's below the "standard" statistics in the inspect menu, it wouldn't intrude upon those who would rather rely on guestimates - this is friendly to both playstyles.

Hello, I'm pleased to find another player that think it's useful!  :) :)