Author Topic: How to disable visual spell effects?  (Read 743 times)

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
How to disable visual spell effects?
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:56:59 am »
Before version 0.5.5 all was running fine with only a little difference between normal playing where I am getting about 30fps (about 25 while casting with visual effects). But after update to 0.5.5 when I try to cast any spell (or anybody else around me), my fps drops to about 0.2 - 0.5fps. I noticed that there is now back that colored halo effect around the casting character, which I think is the cause of the problem.
I tried to set shaders to low/lowest and same with particles, rename the data/effects/spells directory into data/effects/spellz delete shadercache but with no effect. pslaunch also shows that bloom, hdr, shadows and VBO are disabled so I can't find any other way how to disable it. Is it now hard coded into the executable or is there any way to disable the visual spell effects?

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
Re: How to disable visual spell effects?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:31 am »
I thought you could go into the .xml file and change the effects for the spells, but I haven't played with it since the update.  Maybe one of the devs will see this soon and be able to tell you.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:59:05 am »
to disable them completely move the spells folder out of data/effects (that directory is scanned recursively for effects to load - including chatbubbles, etc.)

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:22:48 pm »
Thanks for help, seems it's really searching directories with any name so only moving it out of the effects helped.