Author Topic: My Simplified Info Window  (Read 1523 times)

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
My Simplified Info Window
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:52:59 pm »
almogaver posted a custom info window in another thread, and that inspired me to make my own.  I think it came out pretty good.  Though, I wish I knew how to shrink the stance buttons.  Here\'s a screenshot of it:

I removed all the labels, because they just take up space and it looks better without them.

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 03:05:39 am by DaveG »

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

zabeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:27:37 pm »
But... what about the stop-attack button? Are you that violent that you cannot stop your contanst fighting? I think I\'ll go weep silently now  ;(  ;(  ;(

Seriously the stop button is usefull, it stops you from running uncontrolably. More then you can say for the others ;) There may not be an icon in the right place for it, but you can use the X from the conteect window, that should be the same size. And you should be able to scale them- see how the toolbar does it. I think it\'s attachpoints, but I am not sure.

Otherwise looks good!

Lux perpetua luceat eis

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:17:20 pm »
Originally posted by zabeal
But... what about the stop-attack button?

Just click anywhere that\'s not a target.

If the attacking is glitched, you can always type \"/stopattack\" to fix it.  (doesn\'t happen that often for me)  For the auto-run glitch, I\'ve always used \"/unstick\".

Shrinking the buttons is fairly obvious.  (I figured out why they weren\'t resizing right.)  I\'m taking your suggestion to look at the toolbar, so hopefully I\'ll figure out how to make this thing stretchable...

Here\'s what I have so far:

EDIT:
I just finished making the group window match :P :

These windows take up allot less space now, and they make things look much cleaner.   :))

« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 03:56:54 pm by DaveG »

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:01:04 pm »
In very bright areas you couldn\'t read any of the white text, so I\'ve made some modifications:

Here\'s the files for it.

I made new buttons for the group window, but it\'s going to take me a bit to put them in...

DormentBlackstress

• Traveller
    • View Profile
THis is great!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 03:30:52 pm »
Hey thanks for this.. I\'ve been using it for a few days now and I love it!  um.. I\'m not very good at this stuff yet.. how do I make it read only.. I\'m running on a Mac..
THanks again and great job!

Karsier

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 03:50:09 pm »
you can make it to \'Read only\" by selecting the file, then press apple key + I then bring down the ownership window, and set everything to \"Read Only\"

Strike fear to one\'s enemy by showing them none

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 05:52:48 pm »
*pokes DaveG with http://www.ps-mc.com *

you can submit it to us and we will host it for you if necessary (seems like so far not), but really we\'re just looking for unsuspecting souls to lure into the cult of #ps-mc on irc.freenode.net. If you hadn\'t guessed, ps-mc is a repository for mods for Planeshift Crystal Blue. We just switched to a new CMS for our site so our downloads section is rather barren but this weekend I should have most of the old stuff that still applies converted for use in the new site.

Good work on those mods btw.. perhaps when the ability to have separate gui definitions for skins becomes available you can create a whole minimalist \"skin\"...

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 06:10:47 pm »
Sure!  But, I\'m still screwing with the thing...  :P  As soon as I get around to adding group buttons, and the other few things on my to-do list, you\'ll actually have something on your downloads page.  :))