Author Topic: PvP issues  (Read 3278 times)

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
PvP issues
« on: September 04, 2002, 06:37:41 pm »
From what I have gathered here on these forums is that there will be no PKing  X(  ... that makes me mad! Why??? PKing is the main way to keep the fight between good and evil going in an MMORPG. And if you take that factor out then what do we have to settle our differences with? ARG I hope I am wrong. I would like a dev to answer this but I doubt it will happen.

Our Goal ----> Domination of all Nations

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 06:43:31 pm »
you might want to hide now cuz you are about to have you head bit off.... i just wish people would listen to us pvp supporters and maybe try to do some thing about it.
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 06:45:43 pm »
sorry ive only been here a couple days and i dont wish to search over the thousands of topics just so i can find out a few questions. bite my head off if you want, or you could try to give me a straight answer so i wont ask again... thanks

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 06:49:01 pm »
Let me answer you
PK will be freely allowed on Guild Wars, will be allowed if both players agree to it, and there will be a big arena where players can duel.

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 06:51:34 pm »
Bah humbug  X(  that takes out all the joy of hiding behind a tree untill a little dwarf comes by to eat....

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2002, 06:56:03 pm »
Just get two or three enemy guilds and spread in the tree you want, dude  :D

Shanky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2002, 07:28:07 pm »
The point of designated PK is to keep the game fun for everyone, if you want to PK, you can, just guild war or go to the arena, but if it was free for all PK, some people would exploit it, by killing those who are unprepared for conflict, those who don\'t want to fight, and helpless newbies who can do nothing but sit there, take a few hits, and die. As much fun as it might be for you to kill newbies by the handful, it is much less fun for them to have to die needlessly like that.

planeSHIFT

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2002, 07:36:35 pm »
thats why you make level ranges for PKing. A player should be within 4 or 5 levels to be PKed. Problem solved and the PKers would be happy.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2002, 07:38:01 pm »
There should be some option that you can set if you want to be able to PvP without penalty.  If both players who fight each other have it set then you can fight without being zapped by some god.  That way you pker types can at least go around dueling people without having to be at an arena.

Shanky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2002, 07:38:26 pm »
That only takes care of the killing of newbies, if i was fighting, or otherwise minding my own business there is no way i would want some random stranger to come up and kill me, or even someone i knew for that matter. The way it is set up now is far better than having any
sort of free range PK

Edit: Aruneko, as Elentor said, there will be a dueling system, you arent limited to arenas
« Last Edit: September 04, 2002, 07:39:55 pm by Shanky »

planeSHIFT

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2002, 07:43:12 pm »
you are right Shanky. It might make things EASY but it also eliminates the term \"ambush\" in the world of PS. But hey as long as PS is free I have no complaints.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2002, 12:54:20 pm »
The newbies will suffer alot if pkers go around killing them for loot.  As far as I know, its very hard to become alive again once you\'re killed.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2002, 04:28:17 pm »
Originally posted by Malkai
thats why you make level ranges for PKing. A player should be within 4 or 5 levels to be PKed. Problem solved and the PKers would be happy.

levels for what? all the skills averaged together or something???

Shanky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2002, 05:09:17 pm »
There is no word \"ambush\" in the world of PlaneShift. PlaneShift is designed to be a communitive, friendly game, not one where you have to watch your back at every second. To implant free-for-all PK would mean to satisfy the small contingent of PKers at the great disatisfaction of the vast majority of non-PKers. If it comes down to it, and you want to PK, find someone to duel, and if they agree, you may duel. Or go to the arena, it isnt that much of a disconvenience, and it saves the common citizen from the grief of being needlessly PKed

planeSHIFT

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2002, 05:25:41 pm »
This has been discussed many times, you will duel in the arena, and thats final.
The Great Linksunius