Author Topic: PvP issues  (Read 3278 times)

Shanky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2002, 10:46:46 pm »
But, even provided you keep your ways honest, not everyone would abide by your integrity, for every honorable PK there are 10 more who are dishonest, my only grievance with PK is abuse of the system, if you are within reason, i am fine with it, but to become a virtual bully is just wrong.

planeSHIFT

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2002, 10:52:06 pm »
i agree entirely, if it were possible one thing that i would like to see done would be a server devoted for people who do want to pk, you could just log on to that server to pk people and if you get sick of stronger people ganging you then you can switch servers and get stronger and come back and kick the s#*@! out of them, i am still keeping hope that in the future maybe if the game is successful enough that i would be able to see a system that way
~ZiG~?

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2002, 01:19:21 am »
shanky, the way that i would like to play is as a bounty hunter that risk his own life to benifit others by exterminating some of the skum that plagues the decent people tring to enjoy the game

I like to play my mmorpgs as the evil guy that will group up with other high levels and camp out a road that many people travel thru and then pick someone to kill and track down and kill many times. In evercrack i played a troll shadow knight that was twinked to the max and owning everything that stepped out of West Freeport. I like roleplaying these characters the best because I think one of the funnest ways in roleplaying a mmorpg is through grudges from the people you battle.

Our Goal ----> Domination of all Nations

Rageburst

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2002, 12:10:16 am »
In even that crappy runescape game, there\'s pvp. Those who don\'t want pvp simply turn the option off.

In this case, there should be a timer for turning off pvp so you can\'t turn it off during a battle.... or maybe a location to turn on/off the pvp option.

It shouldn\'t be restricted to only a big arena.... I played Redmoon, they had that and it sucks.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2002, 05:52:51 am »
Originally posted by Rageburst
In even that crappy runescape game, there\'s pvp.

and thats mostly why runescape was ruined.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2002, 02:01:32 pm »
Originally posted by Zig
i agree entirely, if it were possible one thing that i would like to see done would be a server devoted for people who do want to pk, you could just log on to that server to pk people and if you get sick of stronger people ganging you then you can switch servers and get stronger and come back and kick the s#*@! out of them, i am still keeping hope that in the future maybe if the game is successful enough that i would be able to see a system that way

So True, I think this is what causes problems in RS... Identical servers...

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2002, 02:47:24 pm »
Believe it or not, I\'m a PK supporter too. But there are 2 simple reasons why i think it should not be implemented:

1. I can understand that some people dislike it. And while my game without PK would be a little less fun, their game would be entirely ruined if PK was in it.

2. The majority of the devs have voted against PK and that is final (for now :)). No post of mine or anyone else here is gonna change that. And I respect their decision.

<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2002, 02:49:46 pm »
oh come on......you people complaining about there being no pking (which there is, just not open pking except with guild wars) have no creativity, there are plenty of ways to bring people down without openly slicing off their head, although that may be more fun, its just not going to happen

Malkai

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2002, 07:07:35 pm »
how so? hmmm maybe i could keep talking to them in CAPS untill they got pissed off enough to duel me!

P.S. And hey wouldnt that be damn cool if you could slice of their heads?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2002, 07:08:30 pm by Malkai »

Our Goal ----> Domination of all Nations

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2002, 06:36:08 am »
......yes it would  :D

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2002, 03:45:36 pm »
agreed! i think we should be able to slice off limbs and body parts! :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2002, 03:45:59 pm by Princess Aelya »
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

FyreBlade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2002, 04:01:28 pm »
hmmmmmmm, blood-thirsty little maniacs aren\'t u? well, i have nothing against slicing off body parts (hunter: the reckoning, awesome game, also u would have decapitated zombies or just zombie legs coming after u).

ChathVelve

Jal Khaless Zhan Waela. Oloth Zhan Tuth Abbil Lueth Ogglin. Khaless Nau Uss Mzild Taga Dosstan. Oloth plynn dos!