Author Topic: I think pking should be a feature  (Read 6122 times)

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 09:13:57 pm »
Not arrogent at all. In the lates chat with Sony developers, the ones doing EQOA and Starwars Galaxy, stated that not even a duel system was going in cause it goes against the main theme of players cooperating as well as ruined the PvE ballance. They stated that as the class systems stood, nearly fully ballanced now, would be ruined if they had to go back and rebalance for PvP. So it isn\'t an arrogent statement I made but just restating what highly payed big name game developers are saying.

Aduin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 10:10:39 pm »
I totally agree with Bigfoot, that UO had a full PK system that actually worked. The best part about UO was, you didn\'t have to worry about class balance. There were no classes!(the same goes for PS, which voids the Sony argument that pvp causes class imbalance.) I fully support PvP. Anyways, that being said, I\'m going to go with Princess Aelya on this, that we may want it, but we know that this is one thing that won\'t change.

Xaminor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2002, 10:32:12 pm »
and then there are some \"we\'s\" who like it just the way it is now.

i do support pvp but do not partcipate in it.
i do not support pk.

peace,

xam
Icystars  Mage/Fighter

Hunters of Hel
http://www.huntersofhel.web1000.com/

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 10:48:44 pm »
if some people think it will disturb the game in anyway i dont mean that... pking is cool but there are people who dont like to pk... so just a little area where pking is allowed and most of the game just a part where you play in a non-pk evironment... it would be stupid if you could be pked anywhere in the game while your trying to do something that involves fighting in no way

DeadlyPencil

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 10:54:44 pm »
hi i typed out a big long message but because this is a crappy forum when i did an alt back it deleted my message so iam not gonna bother typing it out again so you can just guess what i suggested

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2002, 01:26:42 am »
I totally agree with you Pencil.
The Great Linksunius

Lesaron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2002, 10:24:11 am »
i saw game and its pk system was pretty neat too.
u cant kill players that arent 2 levels above/below u
if you join a guild, u r given a rank and you can kill   whoever you want, b/c you have your pals to back you up
Gentle rains, come wash my sins away. Cleanse me of these memories.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2002, 07:22:48 pm »
Bigfoot,

I don\'t think it has anything to do with devs out there (not just PS) being \"afraid\" to implement PKing in their games.  It is that they fundamentally believe that that concept is contrary to the game they are trying to build.  It is like in Space Invaders, when you get two players, those two guys can\'t shoot each other, but in Atari Tank Battle the two players go after each other exclusively.  It is just a different type of game.

- Vengeance

athelas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2002, 10:38:38 am »
Oh for cripes sake.

Link: don\'t be so abrasive (how many times will it be said? :P )

Bigfoot et al: what will happen will happen.  The devs have the power,l not you, so it doesn\'t realy matter what is suggested if they say no
Ash nazg durbatuluk
ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrankatuluk
agh burum-ish krimpatul

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2002, 04:09:48 pm »
Im sure bigfoot already is aware of this athelas ;)

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2002, 07:10:34 pm »
Kendaro i apologies its been a while since i visted teh SWG website seems SWG is doing away with open PvP, sept for the bounty hunter thing, but as one annoyed poster on teh SWG forums mentioned its pretty stupid being able to see a bounty in a bar, and being unable to do anything about it with out the guy leaveing and going out into pvp areas, Verants (now a part of that ugly beast SOE) logic has and alwasy will be screwed up.

I beleive that you cant have roleplaying with out PvP... thats not a fact just an opinion.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 07:12:43 pm by Bigfoot »

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2002, 06:29:52 pm »
The answer (as so many games have demonstated) is segregation of PvP.  UO did this with the whole Fel/Tram thing, mirror worlds on the same shard...one with PvP, one without.  EQ and severeal others simply put it on a seperate server.

The best thing to do would be make the PvP rules modular and selectable.  You either run a whole server or just a zone with that rule set.  Just notify the player before they enter and your all peachy.  Those who want PvP go there and those who don\'t want it don\'t go there.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2002, 06:38:17 pm »
Those who want PvP go there and those who don\'t want it don\'t go there.

I would adapt that to be: Those who want PvP can build a PvP game, and those who don\'t want it don\'t have to.

The PS team is the latter.

- Venge

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2002, 07:16:08 pm »
Originally posted by Vengeance
I would adapt that to be: Those who want PvP can build a PvP game, and those who don\'t want it don\'t have to.

Wow ... your touchy.  It was just a suggestion that I think would all \'players\' happy.  I have no fears that PS team will do what they want with or without my interjections.

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2002, 07:43:35 pm »
Vengeance, I wish to know why you deleted my post giving a suggestion of how pking COULD work.  Heh if you don\'t want ideas, don\'t have a wish list forum.