Author Topic: *~ Pk System ~* :)  (Read 2372 times)

*Md*

*~ Pk System ~* :)
« on: January 24, 2003, 06:43:27 pm »
C\'mon whats more fun then pking? veng I know your the dev here what anybody else says doesn\'t matter to me unless they are a dev... I know you say the devs are against pking but do your opinions as devs really account for everyone\'s opinions who play the game... I know that its your game so you can do what you want but if its a problem with some people can\'t the pk system have an area designated for pking??? like an area where fighters could train fighting and this would attract pkers out there to look for npc\'s and also to pk... training spots for fighters could also be in the non-pker areas so that it would be fair to those who dont want to pk or be pked... i also don\'t know if you guys plan on doing mining or smithing as skills... some of you guys are gonna say read the main site blah blah blah... but i dont wanna go search forever to find what im looking for when its easier to do here... im just gonna say to be careful of the rare and valuable items in the game... you probably already know this but another game i played a free mmorpg just like this one became ruined because of smithing and created monopolies and now the game is starting to really suck i dont even wanna play it anymore... thats why im looking into new games like planeshift... i think its great you guys are doing this... pking is a lot of fun tho... so if the devs and some gamers dont like pking make most of the game a non-pking environment... it wouldnt be too hard to make a pk system in just one area of the game

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 06:53:15 pm »
Here is a PK thread in which you posted earlier.

Re-read the arguements and pretend they are new.

Now it has been discussed.

*~End of Thread~*

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 07:11:47 pm »
since the idea of PKing is disliked around here, could there be something like, you attack the person and you knock them out, but you cant kill them, that way for the people who like to be thieves have something to do, they knock you out and then pick pocket you and run off without being seen, however if they pick the wrong person, and that person is much stronger they cant be knocked out ,but the thief themselves can be knocked out and the person they attacked can steal from them.... and also there can be like a thing were people get tired of this certain theif, and they group together to find him, then, when they do, they knock him out, tie him up, and drag him into the arena where justice will be served on him by those who hes stolen from.... or if theyre quick enough about it, maybe noone will ever know who it was that just knocked them out and stole their stuff, of course certain items can be resticted from being stolen determined by the theifs lvl and the value of the item....
Name: Frankuuu
Race: Dermorian Elf
Chosen Path: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Guild: N/A

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 07:24:37 pm »
Originally posted by kinshadow
Here is a PK thread in which you posted earlier.

Re-read the arguements and pretend they are new.

Now it has been discussed.

*~End of Thread~*

what\'s up with all you people and all your board rules garbage... who cares if there are 5,000 topics about this it doesn\'t really matter... nobody wants to read thru the 80+ posts or whatever it is on that other topic... god gimme a break... end of thread who are you??? your one of many reasons this game needs a pk system  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 07:33:16 pm by *Md* »

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 07:33:23 pm »
and you are the reason there shouldn\'t be a PK System
you are also the reason there should be a Hate System.

go read the past threads if you want people to care about your opinion.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 07:35:54 pm »
abemore go maybe you should read my thread more carefully before you post... i posted that i dont like reading all kinds of stuff just to try and hope i find one answer thats why i just make a new thread... so maybe you should read before you talk huh? whats your reason to flame me? i flamed him because he acts like hes god or something saying end of thread... i didnt say anything about anyone else... fighting creates conflict... conflict is fun :)

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 07:40:09 pm »
I\'m just trying to get something I like into the game because I KNOW it would make the game more fun and more appealing to play... martin luther king was disliked by most whites but that didn\'t stop him from trying... so even though most of you are against me and I cannot understand how so many of you are actually against pking im not gonna stop trying... I don\'t really care what most of you say thats why IF YOU READ MY THREAD I posted if your not a dev what you say doesn\'t matter much to me anyways :)

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 07:49:43 pm »
please dont stress the PK system any longer, its not going in, although I dont know how the knocking out thing is gonna go through and if anyone would like it anymore then a PK system, I just kinda wanted to have some way so that there can be bad guys just to give you that insecure feeling, even when sitting in your own home (in the game that is)

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 07:53:30 pm »
planeshift has potential... pking systems only help games... planeshift would be better with pking... you say its not going to happen why not??? you make an area where pking is just allowed in that specific area... so if you want to pk you can... if you dont want to pk you simply never set foot in the pking area... a knocking out system is a worse idea... so when someone is trying to work on some other skill and dont even have any armour on them someone will come over and knock them out and take all their stuff... yeah good idea... what are we gonna make an area that is specified for knocking out?? which would just be a toned down version of pking?

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 08:01:04 pm »
Originally posted by *Md*
you say its not going to happen why not???

BECAUSE THE DEVS SAID IT WONT

ok.. do you understand that?

you make an area where pking is just allowed in that specific area... so if you want to pk you can

Thats what the arena is for
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 08:02:53 pm by Kiern »

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 08:03:52 pm »
Originally posted by Kiern
you say its not going to happen why not???

BECAUSE THE DEVS SAID IT WONT

ok.. do you understand that?

Ok so the devs said it won\'t so what... the devs are making this game not only for themselves for everyone to enjoy... theres talk about guild wars or whatever... but how can guild wars always work if everyone cannot be online due to different time zones and things in real life that are more important? if theres 10 people in each guild and 8 people from 1 guild are online and 2 people from the other guild are online it wouldnt be a very fair fight

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 08:11:56 pm »
it seems like your talking about majority rule MD, well majority rules you shut your mouth and type nothing more about PKing...

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 08:23:07 pm »
if theres 10 people in each guild and 8 people from 1 guild are online and 2 people from the other guild are online it wouldnt be a very fair fight

Why would it matter then if there was pking?  If they were to have a war, the 2 would still die (unless i was one of the 2  :] ) Stop changing the subject to cover up your ignorance.

And how would you feel to start out a great game (brownie points) and then have some idiot come up to you and pk you.  Not to good.  It would create many cons with only a few pro\'s...1 being YOUR sheer enjoyment.  

Final Thoughts:
If you want to pk go play runescape. <<< (Great...ahahaha) (couldn\'t think of anything else)

An avid supporter of Pking (in other games)
Clover  :]

Oops, posted this while he was posting the \"no more pking policy, sworry  :P \"

« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 08:24:59 pm by Clover »
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 08:28:10 pm »
the devs say something and you guys all take their side... thats why i said there should be a pking area so if your new you wont start in the pk area and only will be pked if you go out into the pk area

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 08:30:26 pm »
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you make an area where pking is just allowed in that specific area... so if you want to pk you can

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what the arena is for

Nuff said
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.