Author Topic: PK Arena Alternative  (Read 559 times)

Valfaran

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
PK Arena Alternative
« on: March 02, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
I hear a lot about guild wars. It seems to me that they are going to be a likely occurrance in the future. However, do you not think it would be awkward to have a guild war within the confines of an arena? I don\'t think we should get rid of the arena; in fact, it would be an interesting source of revenue for the city of Ylaikum. People could pay to get in the stands and watch, and venders could wander around selling their wares to hungry spectators.

What I\'m really getting at, though, is that we need a place to PK outside the arena. NO, I am NOT another whiner saying \"We should have PKing everywhere!\" blah blah blah; it is my opinion that there should be an open field of some sort, to serve as a battleground. If there were a designated battlefield, guilds could battle and have enough room to use tactics and spread out and such.

What do you think?

Sharaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 02:59:05 pm »
This is what Kiern wrote in the \"PKing clan/guild system\" post on this same forum:

Yea, Keldorn is right, there is supposedly goign to be guild wars where you declare war on a guild and if you are in one of them, you can be killed/kill outside of an arena as long as its the opposing guild (or maybe one of your own guild members  )

I personally like this idea very much, it would allow for real guild wars, without allowing all-out PKing.
The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity. Just look at the number of Windoze users ;)
     -- Harlan Ellison (Edited by me)

--->  Join the BISM  <---

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 03:03:36 pm »
A marked out battlefield would be cool, but how would they define it? I\'d rather have two guilds declare war against each other, and then members of those guilds can attack each other where ever they are(outside of city). Eventually, I think guilds could just decide where to battle,(say outside of villiage 1) and everybody could watch if they heard where it was going to be.

I\'d think people would want a huge area to battle, and marking it off would be kinda hard.  What happens when d00d #1 is nearly dead, and he just runs out of bounds and cant be hit? Or possible its in a remote location, say up in the mountains, and getting to areas would be kind of hard. But if you did go with setting boundaries for wars, I suppose if somebody owned the land, they could charge rent for the use :)

Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Phobos

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
i like it
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 10:48:30 pm »
The negotiations between the guilds have failed and tensions are running high. They both agree there is only one way to settle this, a guild war. A battle to the death or a treaty.

They meet in the battlefield, an open valley with few trees and large castles on each end of the field. The teams take their place preparing for battle. The knights don their armor and equip their swords; the wizards prepare their mixture and there spell books. Each king standing on a balcony over they?re guild fighters bestowing upon them he?s words of encouragement. You can barley make out what one of the kings is saying but you hear the words \"You may not all comeback from this, but I want you to all know that your all heroes\".

Both sides took to there formations. A wizard with an open book in one hand and his other making motions in the air shouted \"Light of protection arise\". Just then a blue dome covers the valley. Letting now one in, and no one out. Trumpets blow and the guilds charge each other. Swords clash and screams are admitted from dyeing warriors. As the calamity settled one or to solders on there knees and the rest that where left alive in the first wave lay on the ground moaning.

Just then a battle cry was let out over the mountain range. And in a very intimidating manor a group off black armor solders riding black stallions lined up over the horizon line. A dark cloaked wizard chanted something and opened a hole in the force filed as the dark team rushed into the middle of the grounds and it closed behind them. Both kings knew if either one of them had a chance they would have to use the rest of there guilds to attack the intrudes from both sides. They both rushed in yelling. After hours of valiant fight by both teams but they proved no match for the evil invaders inflicting minimal damage. The next deed the invaders were to execute the kings no hard task. With a slash of there blades the kings where eliminated. The force field disappeared with the death of the kings and they galloped out. Leaving nothing but blood and corpses.