Author Topic: PKing YES or NO?  (Read 3872 times)

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2003, 11:38:08 am »
samoth, if that\'s all the enforcing there is, planeshifts will become nothing more than a griefers playground, and you know it would, I already posted how I think open pk should be enforced, give em some SERIOUS consequences
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Valrog

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2003, 02:25:12 pm »
Pk\'ing is cool cause you can PK the PK\'ers. But the again if there was no Pk\'ing, then you wouldn\'t have to worry about Pk\'ing. But Pk\'ing does add a bit of parinoia to the game which i like. I don\'t know wat i think. DOH!

Tok'ra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
no...
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2003, 11:50:24 am »
NO!      to wild and random pk\'ing  X(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 11:50:43 am by Tok'ra »

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2003, 01:41:18 pm »
hehe, like I said in another thread, it could be taken care of simply... with punishment by perma death.

if a player attacks another player without reason, they get flagged by attack by guards, if the guards get the kill on him rather than a player, the character is taken to the gallows and is deleted...

rather nasty way of doing things, but hey, can you imagine anyone wanting to random pk if they knew that they were going to lose the character for it
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »
I\'m against random pk as well, but pking in guildwars and arena\'s is extremely fun... I\'ve said so before, and I say so again... Oh and I like your idea, tyger, with hanging violators :D :P

EDIT: forgot a word :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 02:00:45 pm by Xalthar »

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2003, 02:18:54 pm »
*chaws on some grass, watching a swinging corpse, ignoring the foul stench, hitches up his jeans a bit, straightens his star*

\'tain\'t nothin like a hangin to teach them lawbreakers some respect

*tips his white ten-gallon hat, and rides off into the sunset*

:p

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2003, 10:16:55 am »
Aww... Tyger, you\'ve spent way to much time with those rednecks! :P
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2003, 03:15:16 pm »
not really, just seen too many of those campy westerns hollywood produced that were nothing like the real thing

Samoth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2003, 12:29:51 am »
tygerwilde - I agree with you - if there is going to perma-death for a player we should definitely make a spectacle out of it.  The player involved should be allowed to scream all the way to the gallows.  A governor chosen from the players should be allowed to issue a stay of execution.

The game should require a verifiable e-mail address, so that the grievers do not return.

I imagine a world where greavers are held in check by the majority, Wild West style.

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2003, 10:19:54 am »
to some extent you\'re right, yet I\'m not saying this to exclude them from the game, but teach them a lesson, when they lose a character they\'ve put a lot of hours into, they\'ll think again before killing another player unnecessarily.
oh, and your email idea wouldn\'t work at all, hehe, I\'ve got fifteen accounts myself

Catchaotica

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2003, 04:04:31 pm »
player killing... i dont see why not.
Im for anything that makes the game more interesting.

One interesting thing that i would suggest:

Some ideas for making it easier:

I saw in another game, that if you die below a certain levle you lose no points and no junk, you cannot be stolen from.

Also an automated Police system to make life hard on people with bad Pk records. -- have to be tested. for what is a BAD pk record-- but if a person has a lot of complaints against him... from different people then he gets an angel of death to make life hard on him.. or banashed to HELL  for a while.

Also my idea for theiving, is that theives can only take the items off the \"top\" of the pouch that way if people want to protect themselves they put their important stuff on the bottom and use storage for rest.

Just some thoughts

also... is the society going to allow for wars?

Psycon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2003, 06:09:14 pm »
What if you wanna kill someone you should put a bounty on his head so one can go bounty hunting. And there should be a minimum amount to that bounty so you won\'t afford to kill many players. And also the person who has a bounty on his head could pay a fee to have it removed. Also could implement some kind of karma(that shows how good you are) multiplier, so you would pay less to have the bounty removed if you were a \"good guy\" and more if you weren\'t.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 06:10:28 pm by Psycon »
#################################
Meat shield in Incensio Tenebrae
http://www.seperot.com/it/home.php

Morcanius

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2003, 08:34:54 pm »
Pking is ok as long as it is down in certain areas.  If someone would come along a just kill it would suck.  So the arena idea is a good comprimise.

Zhimoda

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2003, 05:34:06 pm »
bah keep having trouble deciding what to post this should be last time i edit this...to make pking to where its not common (if youve played helbreath youll understand what i say) make it to where theres extreme consequences such as making it to where the person can be attacked by anyone, temporarily dropping their stats by say 50% so they cant be confident that no one can kill them, and make it something like a 10 minute period of time
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 05:39:45 pm by Zhimoda »

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2003, 12:52:24 pm »
OK here\'s my idea. PvP, as in duelling, could be done anywhere, but both people would agree to the duel. You wouldn\'t lose anything, and you could maybe make a bet on who will win. As for pking, there would be a \"battlefield\". What would add a tactical element to travelling through the game would be if this warzone was in the middle of the map, but there were ways around it. So it could be between the two major cities, and if you wanted to travel there you could either take the risk, walk round or pay a fee to travel thorugh safely, like get a bus or buy a temporary invincibility amulet to pass through. There could be arenas in the cities for people wanting to vent their anger, or for guild wars or large battles, as well as the battlefield.

I know this isn\'t strictly related, but while I\'m talking about arenas, what about a gladiator kind of thing where you pay a fee to fight against some really tough monsters in the arena and if you win you get a prize? Or how about tournaments between players?

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 12:52:48 pm by lostprophet »