Author Topic: PKing YES or NO?  (Read 3871 times)

Calvyn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2003, 03:46:53 am »
Well, i currently play an other MMOPRG that has free accounts, and both PvP and non-PvP servers.
On PvP-Servers you can be killed everywhere but in certain areas like temples, and in the intro-tutorial.

Basic problem: any MMORPG, and especially a free MMORPG, will attract people (usually young people) who only find fun in the game if they can ruin someone elses day, or think the game is just quake with more items.

On PvP servers, these guys will happily kill you for any reason including \"beeing there\".  If they are finally too wellknown or get banned, they just start another free account, power-level  for one or two days, and continue.

On Non-PVP servers, these guys will annoy players. Block ways, block respawns, camping, luring monsters, steal, insult, etc.  Unfortunately, in my other MMORPG the only way to handle such things is PvP.

So, you basically have the choice between a world of psychopatical mass-murderers  and a world  of idiots and thieves.

I wish you much luck in finding a good solution for this dilemma :)

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2003, 12:49:22 pm »
Player killing to me is a good idea but  not if its all out random attack if someone wants to kill you there should be a notice or something for a duel and you can decline if there isnt gonna be this option people from extreme levels would kill a newbies for no reason there are alot of meen people out there lol

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2003, 01:42:03 pm »
read Some clearing up. if you haven\'t already.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.