Author Topic: My Compromise PK system  (Read 580 times)

Darkanan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
My Compromise PK system
« on: June 02, 2003, 10:48:50 am »
I will compromise and give you this new system that I was thinking of in response to all of the ideas and responses you gave
                                  me on that long as hell 20 point system I put in that other post.

First of all.

You know and so do I that you can ban IPs from playing your game. A lot of other games (MUDs, and MMORPGs) do it. It
                                  prevents you from logging in from your IP address which the server must read in to allow you to play. Yes there is the effect
                                  that someone who is IP banned can go out and get a new IP address and there are some that will do it just to play a game
                                  such as this but you are looking at a small 2 percent and chances are they will just get IP banned again (something that takes
                                  you Devs only about 20 seconds to do)

1.) If you don\'t want to allow people to decide if they can be peaceful or fighter on creation thats fine whatever its your game
                                  but in response to what you said most people would probably go the fighter route. It would be cool to see what people
                                  choose.

2.) Forget the outlaw tag you don\'t like the idea. and the NPC police.

2.5) Safe Places: ALL towns, temples, and a few other places are completely safe from PvP fighting meaning there can be no
                                  guild wars and no PKing done inside of these areas. However, there can be duels inside of these areas.

3.) Anyone IN A GUILD has the option of attacking another person at any time.
                                  However there will be two (or more) different guild classes and they can only attack people in the same guild class. There are
                                  the fighter and the crafter guild types. This way fighters cannot attack bakers/crafters and they can also not attack neutrals
                                  (people with no affiliation as of yet). THus neutrals cannot attack anyone in a guild (unless in duel which I will get to later).

Crafters can only attack other crafters.

4.) There is no penalty for attacking and killing someone of the same guild type. Leave that to the people in the guilds to
                                  decide. This will most likely begin guild wars. Guild wars only have to be declared by one party.

5.) Dueling: Anyone can Duel with anyone at any time however it must be accepted on by both parties. Death will constitute a
                                  real death.

6.) Arenas: Arenas will exist in the towns (the only place that people will be able to fight inside of a town). Watchers will have
                                  the option of betting on the matches. Also there can be two different types of arenas. The everyone for themself arena in
                                  which as many people as want can enter into the arena at the same time. THe last person standing is the winner. Deaths are
                                  fake in that no experience or items are lost unless wagered before hand. Also there can be the one on one arena. One player
                                  vs. Aother. Same rules with regards to the death.

Finally, there can be the monsters arena and you can have some special monsters in there like supped up versions of
                                  monsters so that people can show off their strength. Deaths will result in a minimal skill loss or soemthing like that. If they win
                                  they will get something too.

This with some of the other good points in my other PKsystem I think would work great.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 12:37:34 pm »
So basically if my brother was acting up and had the IP banned, I\'d be shit outta luck?  That seems fair.  If someone can do something that severe enough to have his IP banned then there\'s a problem with the game or system it uses.  It means that rules can be broken, making them pointless.  And as far as guild members being able to PK, how is that any different from anyone else?  So instead of random people going around killing weaker chars, organized groups of PKers will.  And I hate the choosing your path system.  I\'ve played games with that before.  What happens when I realize the path I chose was not for me?  Then I\'m stuck.

Here is my take on a good PK system.  Don\'t have one.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
IP banning
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 02:34:09 pm »
IP banning?just to tell a little story.

At one time we had to ban all the AOL users from Kansas City for about 2 hours just to get a rat off our IRC channel?we can not do that in the game.

If say you where playing through a internet caf? of some type and they had a stable IP but only one?or even 5, this is common by the way. All the players who play through there would be out of luck

All phone users are on dynamic IPs and most Broadband users change often. IP banning is not a solution of any type.  

As far as the rest?Ummm, sure do whatever you want. But it is not going to happen in this game for the foreseeable future.
-Paxx