Author Topic: a solution for open pk  (Read 1279 times)

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
a solution for open pk
« on: June 20, 2003, 01:36:42 pm »
well, I\'m not up for open pk unless it\'s confined to a single server myself, I know what the devs say, I know what the players say...

last night tho, I woke up with an idea that would solve pk pretty well in my opinion
perma death, players go back and forth on whether they want it... I say, if aggro someone(without a set just cause, such as pickpocketing, if it\'s allowed in game, or you\'ve messaged the devs about foul language or abusive behaviour, and get permission), you get flagged by npc\'s for a perma death kill, that way, the only way to aggressively pk someone is if you become such an outlaw that no one will deal with you, and you should con differently to other players as well, perhaps even as a monster, however, I don\'t think that pc kills should be perma death, just die and get looted, spawn someplace away from npc\'s

this would allow pking for those who are stupid enough to perform it. if you want to kill other people with no reason, you have to put up with the chance to lose your character permanently
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 02:05:29 pm »
I like the idea..

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 02:21:51 pm »
thanks, it\'s about time someone besides me looked at this post :p
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 10:19:43 am »
Hmm.. how about when you create a character, you can choose wether to be able to pk or not. You can only pk others that also choosed pk. How about that? Maybe the character could \"survive\" three kills, but when he/she is killed the fourth time, so long!
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Djaggernaut

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 01:54:01 pm »
Caldazar, pretty much the same as the actual system where you need agreement of the other.

Tyger, yep, it\'s an idea, but that\'s also quite similar to actual system but less rude.
I think too it\'s cool to not been penalised directly by god or such, but becoming (like in real life) an outlaw.
Perhaps it\'s the solution, with reward if you kill this guy (who don\'t have anymore any PK protection).
Djaggernaut  - http://www.tridinaut.com

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 03:13:57 pm »
basically, the reward would be in looting his corpse. if you kill him, you get the player loot that was on him, which if he\'s like most players, is the best of the loot he\'s found, hehe, or even better, loot that\'s above his lvl, cause if it\'s like every other mmo out there, people will be handing down loot to lower players

Catchaotica

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 04:18:24 pm »
Ya i like the idea of outlaw too, they should have WANTED posters!!!!

>:)

Bonez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 04:52:04 pm »
i dont rlly like the idea... im still stuck on my combatant/civilan thing where u go to the town center and u can turn on and off.. civilan wouldnt get pked for pk but a combatant would.. it was used in Helbreath
Join the Legendary Warriors at http://www.legendarywarriors.tk and feel real power and wealth

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 11:08:54 am »
firstly, without modification, you can\'t use anything from other games, otherwise, you\'re guilty of copyright infringement.

ok, that\'s out of the way, you can modify a lot of things and get away with it, but I don\'t think that\'s a good idea because when you choose something like that, you restrict a lot of people, theives could only steal from pk flagged, and the such, you could only kill those you really want to (i.e. those who have really big mouths) if they\'re stupid enough to go pk after insulting everyone in your family... in a case like that, a message could be sent to a dev or a mod, which said that such and such was talkin stuff, and you were going to kill them, they could open pk flag that person so you could do it without being perma death flagged yourself. course, I think you\'d have to get a couple of witnesses just to keep people from abusing this though.

cause creator knows I\'ve wanted to kill some people for things they said to me in the past.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 11:15:54 am »
Taking features from other games is not copyright infringement.  Only lifting their code or models verbatim from their game would violate copyright.  We could certainly do Bonez\'s idea.

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 12:07:14 pm »
I thought you had to make a slight modification to use the concepts?

Zhimoda

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 04:34:35 pm »
im with you bonez, i also played helbreath alot and i thought they had a decent system going there...i exspecially liked the criminal system to where criminals could be killed by anyone

en3r0

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 10:31:34 pm »
i think that if you attack some 1, you become red, get a skull over ur head or sumthing to mark (for a period of time) that your \"bad\" this could do 1 of 2 things.

make you killable by anyone (with out them geting marked)

or drop all items on death if your killed.

RuneScape uses this system.

-----

Another solution I have is that you can kill freely out side towns. (or with in so many feet/miles)
If you do kill in the city, the marking thing happens. or a ncp guard takes you to jail/kills you.

What do you think?

God Bless,
-en3r0

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 01:41:53 am »
i tried to play helbreath and got my noob ass kicked all over the place by highlevels til i quit.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 01:56:16 pm »
skulll over your head... bah humbug