Author Topic: THIEF GUILD ONLY!!! READ NOW!!! lol  (Read 1474 times)

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
THIEF GUILD ONLY!!! READ NOW!!! lol
« on: July 20, 2003, 04:45:01 pm »
This is long I know but - cmon read it, love it :) :) :)

There should be a HIDDEN thieves guild somewhere in the lower levels that holds the exclusive rights to pickpocketing - in that way thiefs must go through the trial of A: finding the guild B: getting through the high level monsters to it C: Succesfully finding the acceptance Quest D: trials of acceptance E: finally becoming a thief

This is the important part::::::::::  The Thieves\' guild members consult with an NPC which rolls a random name of either another NPC (who is not in the Thieves Guild) or player character currently in the game.  The thief then has to find said character and succesfuly pickpocket them without being seen (by a spot check) - The thief doesn\'t actually take anything from the player; on a succesful steal the thief completes the quest and goes back to their guild to recieve an xp and monetary/treasure reward.

Of course such a guild would be vulnerable to attack from other guilds since afterall - who doesn\'t want to destroy a thieves guild?  Just an idea but - to further refine the pickpocketing quest - temporary PvP could be added until it\'s completion or either player logs out, with the permission of both parties - this would entice the thief to be doubly careful in sneaking up to and away from his target like a real thief.

For those crazy PvP junkies out there: an assasin guild could be programed out of the same Random character selection quest with the addition of permission from the target and that no important NPCs can be targeted.

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 05:46:01 pm »
creative lol

Tok'ra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Errrr...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 03:16:57 pm »
What happends if they deside not to make theiving, or deside to make it last. :P

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 12:49:07 pm »
A game without thieving.   8o
That\'d take the whole point out of the roleplay system.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 03:53:21 pm by Xordan »

Monkey_Catcher

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 06:29:11 am »
for the part of getting past high level monsters it be awesome if the point is for thieves to stealth past them instead of attacking them

Great idea anyway

Martel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 02:08:53 pm »
Maybe guilds like in Terry Pratchet\'s Discworld novels?

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 03:39:09 pm »
Great Idea.. I don\'t know about the term \"guild\" though... Isn\'t that something we players have to arrange?? perhaps it could just be some sort of fellowship of thieves??

Monkey_Catcher

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 03:16:20 am »
the thief guild has to be a bit secret or else other people be pissed of thieves stealing and then they\'ll be searching 4 the guild

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 03:42:43 pm »
Hey martel I like that, the thieves guild and assassin guild police the city by giving anyone who steals or kills without a license a new pair of concrete shoes and inviting them for a swim...

dorbian

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Yeah no not for me that is...
    • View Profile
    • Mindless Insanity
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 06:22:16 am »
Originally posted by lostprophet
Hey martel I like that, the thieves guild and assassin guild police the city by giving anyone who steals or kills without a license a new pair of concrete shoes and inviting them for a swim...

LOL
then we can also create mob\'s :D antonio lostprophet has something from me i want you to get it back, capiche!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 06:22:35 am by dorbian »

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 12:34:52 pm »
lol, I doubt the \'good guys\' will like that.  :D

shadowmancer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 06:45:01 pm »
The \"good guys\" are so unaccepting...
Originally posted by Evanchild
hes a really talented squirrel.

Torunksu

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2003, 09:39:36 am »
The item that has to be stolen to pass the quest should be some kind of badge or something that means that person is in the guild and is able to enter the hidden location freely without being attacked

there can be a guantlet to test the skills of different classes

Ex.
Thieves guild is in an alley with a lot of places to hide and monsters that backstab and pickpocket

Warriors guild is in a cave with Monsters To clear

Mages guild is in a tower with monsters who are nearly immune to physical attacks

Maldore

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 01:04:56 pm »
I think a gauntlet is a good idea, and with a badge of freepassage.  But would it not also be a good idea to not make the gauntlet so hard that it can be stormed by the \'good guys\' and the thieves be attacked, could spice it up a little
No One Dies A Virgin, Cos In The End Life F**ks Us All!

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003, 01:30:59 pm »
For what I know (its a kind of secret :P) a guild like the one you discribe, will be born soon (maybe sooner then you think), you\'ll hear about it some day :P (hey, its so good to know things before most people :D)

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire