Author Topic: I am Death.  (Read 3235 times)

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2003, 08:26:38 pm »
Really, I\'ve never heard that definition before, I\'ve heard it in english context, which meant a savage. those that didn\'t act in public to a certain set of defined rules were considered barbarian. a person was civilised if they followed these guidlines in public, no matter how they acted in private. however, if a foreigner got into a fight because a local called his wife a whore, he was considered a barbarian.

:bigtoothygrin:
I like that tho, I\'m a barbarian, so is my english teacher, can\'t wait to start calling everyone I see on the street a barbarian... wonder how long it\'ll be before someone thinks I\'m gay :p
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2003, 09:24:53 pm »
The greek were some of the first racists.. and xenophobes... they are not nice at all :P

yea, it\'s good to know that us nordic people aren\'t the only ones called barbarians.. although I don\'t think my ancestors would have minded that description...

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2003, 11:04:08 pm »
Isn\'t it great knowing exactly where your roots are? must give you some sence of being....

I\'m a poor american white trash mutt...
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2003, 10:02:43 am »
I am grateful, and proud, of being a dane... My ancestors, the vikings might have been a brutal sort, but still I like knowing that I belong somewhere and that I will always have a home here...

But since you are white, you know that your ancestors at some point must have come from europe... might even be vikings :P

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2003, 11:32:27 am »
I\'m a mutt, my daddy doesn\'t know exactly how much of what I am, but he speculates it goes something like this

I\'m 1/4 native american, 3/16 irish, 1/16 french, 1/32 dutch

the rest just trails off from there...

I do come to an interesting blend though, I\'m six and a half feet tall, with a generally slender build, though I\'m thick at the middle from too much gaming :p very light white skin with a slight reddish tint, long slender limbs, high cheekbones, blue eyes and long goldish blond hair.

an indian friend of mine told me I look like an old tribe of cherokee that had intermarried with the norse that came to america a long time ago, course I don\'t know much about that

mostly my problem is dad can\'t tell me anymore than I know because all of his stories change every time he tells em, and my mom is just as bad about it.

it honestly seems to me like they\'ve just never taken the time to look into their own past, and don\'t care if I ever know myself...

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2003, 01:10:05 pm »
I don\'t think ones past matters much.. IMO It\'s the future that counts.. But you probably think so too.

My family is dated back 400 years in Denmark in western Jutland... before that we have some books telling us that our family was very influential in danish commerce...

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2003, 01:34:54 pm »
I know that the future\'s important, but I still have a desire to know my heritage, it\'s important to know and pass these things on. but nicky will never know the facts because I don\'t know them