Author Topic: PVP should be allowed !!  (Read 642 times)

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
PVP should be allowed !!
« on: December 13, 2003, 10:06:08 am »
yes PVP should be allowed but it will play a small part in the game !!!

*fires several Shots form his laser cannon on to the ppl shouting and cursing him *

If ppl sit on thier asses all day long and farm and farm and farm it would just bloat the economey and harm the game, making that pint a beer to expensive for the common nubie. and pvp isn\'t a liablity some ppl do find a pvping more enjoyable... no not the higher lvl pvpers i find it fun in walking through a forest of pvpers and comming out alive and even in towns PvPing a should be allowed because of the Guards(hopefully)

and what about role playing imagine this if we had EQs pvp system

PvPer: Hey there
Victim: helo
PvPer: iam gonna kill you would you pls allow me to
victim: .......

so Much For Role Playing!!! flushed down the toilet ! Unless your that Farmer ....

Dont Ban it because some idoit goes around on a killing spree and kills your charater. what would i do if it happended to me i would get my revenge on the person by hireing bounty hunters or ganging up on him with his other victims

make CREEPS VEERY HARD to kill alone even for a skilled charater, this encourages partys, and partys can be limited by how skillful you are.

For example

A low skilled charater can join up with around a party of 16 max Through a point cost system with a Max of 450 points ( this means you can tag along with a highly skilled friends but not many ) and slowly as that charater gets more skillful he costs more points to invite in to a party

(each Person will be measured by skills If your healing skill is lvl 10+ it would add 20 to 30 point cost to the basic point cost also if your carrieing a weapon it would add to your point cost so the higher you are at skills and the better the weapon or armour the higher your point cost)

And by doing so this would increase role playing and still give New partys a fighting chance against Uber charaters

and if you get another weapon you will not be able to use that weapon unless you get to a town to identify the weapon and the same goes for skill points exp can be traded in to skill points through some person in a town ...
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 10:19:02 am »
There will be PvP in CB. Of what the CVS says right now, it look likes it going to be non-confirm (You will be able to just run towards a NPC or player and fight him)
Commando R-I-P

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 10:56:59 am »
Hell ur right...PVP should be allowed everywhere...but only very dumb player would gets out of his mind and starts a killing spree...
my opinion-pvp should be allowed but with some rules..
A simple one If someone attacks u..u can kill him and loot him but If u attack someone and kill him...(inside the city zone) U will be wanted for murder and bountyhunters can LOOT ur ass..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 10:58:39 am by Tyriel »
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 11:41:01 am »
PVP all the way but to shut those stupid non pvp people up there should be consequences after your third victim within 4 hour period. like not as much xp is given or something. that would be nice, it would discourage mass killing sprees and conform to us more classy players who want PVPing but surely dont want total killing sprees. there arent in Everkwest and that game has PVP just about anywhere. this shows us that the idea of PVP is not a bad idea and wouldnt cause great pandemonium. :P

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 11:37:38 pm »
Originally posted by whemyfield
 those stupid non pvp people

you\'ve been here less than 2 months and your already on my QAS and company list

my how times have changed.....

Astasia

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I Agree With Paxx
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 03:13:22 am »
Paxx said:
\"I ask everyone realize that currently we will allow various forms of PvP and Pking but only under strict guidelines, Dual, Guild War, Arena fighting?and these forms will even have variances within themselves. But in large part the game will not be PvP, Pk, or allow players pick pocketing or mugging other players.\"

I really do hope that this decision, though several months past since he announced it, will stay in place. It appears I\'m going to start off on the wrong foot with a lot of players here and become unpopular, and I\'m sorry for this, but I have played in many worlds where outright PVP was allowed and those game are either gone now or have very few players because all those that really wanted to play the game and not have to watch their backs 24/7 gave up and left as I eventually did. Some games got so bad that just trying to step out of one\'s home or safe town meant you were hunted down relentlessly by gangs of thugs just out to make other players their personal sporting targets and then  picked clean. I hope that Paxx and others creating this world will consider keeping their original idea of making PVP an event allowed only under special circumstances and in specifically assigned areas.

Ok, I\'ve put my neck out, now to face the slaughter... (Cringes) :/

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 05:04:59 am »
*Blows Astasia\'s head off* Pah, when the thug gangs chase u, u run away! Then find some uber palidin to slice\'em into little pieces. I love having to watch my back, it makes everything more exciting. I\'d love full PVP but, it not going to happen, and probably what Paxx says is gonna be right. Oh, another tip for those games, if you become the hunter, your not hunted....  ;)  So be a n00b b4shr like meh!!! :D

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 03:07:42 pm »
I agree with Astasia, and by extension, Paxx.  It doesn\'t make much sense to *expect* to be attacked by hordes of player-killer bandits between your home and the local grocer (unless said grocer lives at the top of Bandit Castle, or something like that).
What highly-structured PvP rules aim to discourage is the player-killer *playing style* - if you aim to make most of your profit and experience from farming the corpses of the innocent, this may not be the best game for you.  
On the other hand, it sounds like there will be provision for \"useful\" player versus player combat (and even player killing) - guild wars sound fun.  I\'m assuming that duels would have to be by mutual agreement- if some person was lipping you off you probably couldn\'t just force him into a duel.  (Unless there was a built in \"lippiness\" detector).  Perhaps there might be non-fatal combat - punching some guy in a bar, for instance.  Perhaps guilds could even establish a \"hit list\" - highly illegal, but would allow assassination of other players, even without a guild war.  Something like that would have to be very carefully designed, in order to avoid exploitation.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.