Author Topic: How should the PVP system work?  (Read 7023 times)

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2002, 09:42:08 am »
It is very encouraging to hear that you may include player GMs. I welcome this kind of policing, something that Runescape could have done with a lot more of.
Hopefully we won\'t need much of it, but you can never underestimate the idiots out there. No one should ever have to put up with harassment and abuse just because they are female or because of the colour of their skin X(  

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2002, 02:00:10 pm »
player GM\'s can also add to the role playing experience. They could play hero\'s of which their deed are descibed in stories, that you can find in in-game libraries.

Thekkur  

Mustang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2002, 02:50:06 pm »
I like the idea of GM\'s being heros Thekkur, but I reckon we need some \'undercover\' GMs as well, cause there\'ll doubtless be people who go silent as a GM walks by, then continue swearin or whatever and the GM doesn\'t know about it...defeating the purpose. But, if they didn\'t know the person they were swearing too or about was a GM...

As for the PK factor, that\'s one thing that I didn\'t really agree with in RS. A lot of people have something against newbies, so the poor newbies got beat up a lot. I agree that there should be areas of open slather, but I think that in the more travelled areas, the declaration and acceptance of hostilites is an excellent idea.

However, this also has it\'s bad points, mainly this...it will only work if people accept. The reason RS was changed is because about 75% of people had opted for non-PK. I dunno, I\'ll sleep on it cause it\'s 15-2AM (a quarter to two :P)

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2002, 08:04:51 pm »
if you want to fight someone and they agree, you wolnt have to go all the way to an arena. arenas are for group battles. if you want to fight someone one on one then just duel them. that doesnt take an arena to hold a one on one and no one else can jump in either. dueling is a working PK comand option that only lasts for as long as both are in the same zone and alive. a duel end when someone runs out of the zone or someone is dead. just target a player that wishes to duel with you and use a comand like /duel. the other player does the same and poof the two of you are allowed to fight each other no matter where you are. just dont be so foolish as to accept a duel next to a guard.

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2002, 09:26:22 pm »
We DO have a BLOOD THIRSTY population dont we...Most of you seem to want to attack ppl all the time...this is completely inapropriate. Clan Wars rock, so do Faction/ Religion Wars also duals and arena fight are neat. We should be limited to those, except in the Labyrinth...Its dangerous

Mustang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2002, 11:03:45 pm »
Ken, that\'s exactly what I mean.

Oh, and about fighting near a guard? Well, you\'d only do it once... :)

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2002, 11:15:15 pm »
just a question about guil wars

are we going to be able to have guild colors, so when in war you dont accientally attack a friendly

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2002, 01:56:24 am »
wouldnt be needed cause you could only PK those of the other guild... not your own members....but on that note, i think it would be nice to see, like they did in DAoC, guild insignias and so forth.

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2002, 03:14:07 am »
well i was just askin that because i thought that you would have the possiblity to kill anything (in specail areas) by accient or on purpose

are you saying that there is no possibilty of hurting a team mate?

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2002, 04:06:32 am »
in an arena it is a free for all... but in a duel or guild war it is quite specific who you are to fight.....

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2002, 07:40:36 pm »
This might have already been said but I do not have the time to read all those posts.

In towns TECHNICALLY PKing is legal. You could attack a person within 5 levels of your own (town restricitions). BUT even though you can fight, a guard will pull you two apart and put the person who started the fight into jail where you have the choice of....

1. taking money from your bank account to get parrolled. (a cost of 500-1000 tria considering the damage done on the opponent)

2. wait for a friend to parrol you.

3. wait for you to be let out of jail (can last from a few hours to a whole day/ If its a whole day and you log out and stay out PAST your time to leave, the moment you log in your are told you can leave)

When you are in the woods not far out, or in the crossroads between cities, you can fight people within 10-15 levels difference. If a patrolling guard happens to see you they will attack you, split you up, and take you to jail. The charges may be a TINY TINY TINY bit less harsh because you are not technically in the city.

Beyond the eye of a guard you can attack from 15-20 levels difference, and since there is no one to split you up, you can fight all you want. Occasionly a guard could go for a drink and see you and POSSIBLY (VERY rare occasion) be scared of being caught and throw the beer on you and say you were drunk putting extra charges on you.

Anyone like this idea?  ?(

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2002, 07:55:10 am »
?( antonio why would you want to hurt a team mate? ?(
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

ElMago

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2002, 07:52:51 pm »
PK should be allowed but, in the areas where low lev player start should have higher amount of Guards or something like that, so PKing on those areas is not easy

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2002, 09:15:11 pm »
Guards will kill ANYONE attempting to kill in the cities

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2002, 11:33:12 pm »
Guards will kill ANYONE attempting to kill in the cities.

GOOD. Those guards better be bad-ass, too - in RS they helped for awhile, until everyone powerful enough that they were using the guards to train on. They should be able to call on their friends for help too - being dogpiled by half a dozen soldiers should make anyone think twice about starting a fight in the city.
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.