Author Topic: [GM EVENT] Kor Neka Mansa  (Read 1571 times)

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
[GM EVENT] Kor Neka Mansa
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:23:20 am »
House of
Kor Neka Mansa
Opening Soon!

(Saturday, November 15, 20:00 GMT)
Ojaveda - Dsar Kore

beneath the flyer you see a stamp that could be either a skull or an enkidukai head

What is this all about?
Kor Neka Mansa will be opening their (illegal) gambling establishment in Dsar Kore. Paaja Lojh, is the leader to the group of rogue enkidukai behind this establishment. She has been roaming the plaza in the past week trying to recruit players who would like to volunteer as bartender, guard etc.

As Kor Neka Mansa is an event that will be running for the next 3 to 4 weeks, we won't be able to do it without some help. So if you are interested, send Paajah or Iridia a /tell or join #ps-events on irc
IC it may bring some risks to associate yourself with KNM; like having the guards breatghing down your neck, be arrested and put into jail etc.

Besides recruiting volunteers she is also inviting players to visit her establishment, as the establishment isn't legal she is spreading a secret phrase that you will need to gain access to the establishment. Ofcourse we are counting on it that you will spread this among your IG friends & guildmates ;) so don't hesitate to do so...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see you all at the KNM house & thanks to those with whom I rp'ed in the last few days already.
More to come soon!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:39:28 pm by iridia »
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [GM EVENT] Kor Neka Mansa
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »
Illegal gambling in Ojaveda?! — SCANDAL!!  :devil:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:03:42 pm »
Ooooh. Beware! If this places is rougher than Brados with it's knock down drag out fights, then expect more than a few swollen lips and broken bones. And whatever you do, don't renege and pay your debts!

Should Illysia get wind of how disreputable a place there is in Dsar Kore, I suspect that she will spend much time pooh poohing it to the people that come to the tavern. ;)

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »
Because I needed to catch up on some sleep after all the RP'ing in the last week :D we decided to postpone the opening to Saturday. At 20:00 GMT Kor Neka Manse WILL open their doors!!!

We also have a nice extra for the occasion, so if you haven't uncovered the secret phrase yet? Now is the time to do so ;)

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »
An entertaining place to slip into for some unique fun and roleplay! 

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 08:43:02 am »
Last Saturday we opened the doors of Kor Neka Mansa for the first time. Ofcourse it didnt go as we had planned, but in the end is was a whole lot of fun. So much that when I logged with Paajah on Sunday it inmediately was the topic of discussion in Gossip. So around 0:30 GMT we opened again and soon enough we were playing 'Rogue Roulette', 'Clacker Jack' and 'Three Pods' until 06:00 GMT in the morning...

On Monday night we had another succesful night and most important loads of fun!

But then the following happened......

The guards noticed something is going on and they heard a rumors that KNM lets people gamble for large amounts of tria on rigged games. Will they start to investigate Kor Neka Mansa or do we get away with our shady business  :o

Once again thanks to the volunteers and the other GM's for helping me make this event possible!!! And also a big thanks to all the players that have visited KNM or that we have RP'ed with in preparation of the event.. And even a big thanks to those who spoke to the guards!!!
We are certainly having a lot of fun running this event and hope you have been enjoying it as well....

See ya soon @ Kor Neka Mansa in Dsar Kore!

For screenshots check Iridia on facebook

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 01:26:51 pm »
[Due to issues with the forum there may be some gaps in the story]
Guards continue to investigate Kor Neka Mansa
The guards have once again asked for help after the arrest of Kridore, a former staff member of the establishment. Once he finally was convinced that cooperation was the better option he started opening up.
He gave us 2 names to work with; for starters Filch, who according to him is the brains behind the operation. The second name he gave us is Shillek who appears to be more trusted by Paajah and seems to take care of lots of business deals for her. Kridore told us he is momentarily off traveling to manage some of these business deals, giving the guards a great opportunity to send in some more informants...
And these informants have no simple task as they are given a Metamorphosis potion that will temporarily transform them to look just like Shillek

In the meantime Paajah is working on a plan to evade the guard investigation..

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: [GM EVENT] Back Soon
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:02:04 am »
You may have noticed that KNM has been gone for some days now. This was because I got sick.. :(
I am not exactly sure when we will be opening again, as this happened mostly at 01:30AM for my timezone (and we easily could go on til 5AM or 6AM on some nights), BUT I am hoping we will soon be able to continue the events and opening nights!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 03:15:26 pm »
:flowers: Be well soon

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 04:30:39 pm »

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:12 am »
Thnx all :)

Hoping to have KNM back on track somewhere this week and open the doors again :D

On Thursday at 0:30 GMT (so for most of you still wednesday) I want to do another attempt for that OOC meeting at the KNM house.
Everyone who has volunteered, has been involved in some way or would like to be more active in the events; come and share ideas, ask questions etc

Hoping to see you all thursday!

(For the ones who cant make it; I will make logs available and post a summary here.

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 05:55:45 pm »
Meeting KNM
We looked back on how the events have gone so far; which is better than I could have hoped for.
Noted that KNM hasn't been all that obvious about being bad/shady and gambling being illegal. To which I'd like to point out that you also have to imagine how an establishment like this is organized for example where do the prizes come from? Are they working with known rogue organizations? etc.
These sides of the events haven't been specifically worked out by us, but I'm sure over time things could become more clear.
Also we will work on that with actions IG and if you feel you're calling as a baddie.... Well, lets just say you're invited to join in on the fun ;)

The other topic on the agenda was the continuation of KNM, in a more permanent form. A suggestion was to make the establishment legal. Personally I don't want to go that direction with the events. I think over a longer period it'll be more interesting.
With that came also the question, will the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys' win? With the investigations going on it's one thing to say the events will last, but at some point, it's game over... Or does it have to be? Several options were suggested; which I'm not going to give away at this time.
Just know that both sides will have plenty of opportunity to take part in the events.

For the moment it seems that the investigation has mostly gone on between 20:00 GMT and 23:00 GMT and the opening hours for KNM have mostly been after 0:30 GMT.. For anyone involved I'd like to point out that we want to try to mix it up a bit and the times may be changed.

Last time on Kor Neka Mansa...
Lots and lots of betrayal, Paajah's concerns about Azeron have been confirmed and after he also stole some important documents. While Azeron made sure to get away from the establishment Paajah found out about the teft. Soon after she let anyone present know to reward well to get those documents back and Azeron out of the picture.
Not long after this incident the guards received a financial record kept at the gambling establishment and a notebook. Also they were notified that one of their informants may be in danger...

Want to help the investigation? Help out at Kor Neka Mansa or just visit, keep an eye on gossip and this topic for announcements!

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »
Noted that KNM hasn't been all that obvious about being bad/shady and gambling being illegal. To which I'd like to point out that you also have to imagine how an establishment like this is organized for example where do the prizes come from? Are they working with known rogue organizations? etc.

I kinda want to address this a bit. Please note that I thoroughly enjoy what this role play is doing and I'm thoroughly appreciative of what the GMs are doing in generating role play. I haven't even gotten terribly involved from a first person perspective, but I've noted the gossip and such in conversations and it's a blast.

That said, I really like the so-called "moral ambiguity" here. I highly approve of the fact that KNM is run in a more organized fashion. I like the fact that they aren't condoning violence (within their facilities.) The fact of the matter is that over the years I've seen plenty of crazed psycho villains (and they can be fun, don't get me wrong, I've played them,) but not enough mediated, organized crime. Not every "criminal" has to be a serial killer. Someone might be perfectly fine with trafficking contraband or robbing a place, but have qualms about torture, murder, and so forth. Truth is, many people like to flounder in the grey. Things aren't always simple black and white, and it's been fun especially for my character that usually investigates things, Evirea, who can't decide where her beliefs fall in the situation. On top of that, criminals who do not want to draw attention to themselves and do not want to risk being crystalled would know logically that not partaking in breaking the High Laws will decrease the chances of both.

Basically what I'm saying is good job making a more ambiguous plot. I really like watching it unfold and hope to take part more in the future.  :thumbup:

[If we aren't supposed to post in here I apologize, feel free to remove.]

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:13 pm »
Feel free to post here anytime, certainly with all those compliments. I must say that the amount of positive reactions I have head and support for this event is incredible.

Mariana, you couldn't have put it in better words. Black and white, good and bad simplify your understanding of a situation but certainly limit your view and possibilities. Too make an event like KNM last as long as it has and with our plans to make it last even longer we need some complexity and mystery and maybe even more important the opportunity for each player to think about how their character thinks and feels about certain things.

After Paajah discovered that Azeron had been informing the guards about KNM via a letter Snowbud gave her, she didn't want to create a scene.
Unfortunately while she stepped outside to inform Piephil, inside Azeron and a few others were looking through the personal items of the staff. When Paajah sees that there are strangers in the private area and Azeron had followed her outside, clearly not tending to his guard duties she is all too happy kra decides to leave early.
Soon after Azeron has left one of the younger staff, Baciko, shows up and starts to run some games. Around closing time he wants to fill out the financial record that the establishment keeps, but it is nowhere to be found...
Her newly hired bartender tells her that he saw Azeron not only take the finincial record, he has also Morrquea's notebook.
At this point Paajah no longer cared and she offered a great reward for whoever made sure Azeron and the evidence he stole wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Baciko also wanted to contribute and recruited Kisoji for the job. Whatever happened next is unclear, but in the end 2 others died and Azeron, although heavily wounded got away.

Some days later Paajah meets with Snowbud at one of the warehouses. Although Snowbud was the one to betray Azeron, she was now pleading with Paajah not to do her friend any more harm. In exchange for the evidence kra had taken Paajah is prepared to spare Azeron. At least for the moment...

However these documents are already in the possesion of the Guards. Even if the documents are brought back to Paajah, copies have been made.
Around the same time Kisoji shows up at KNM to claim his reward. Baciko had told him that KNM was looking for new guards.
Ofcourse would hiring him lead to problems, this didn't stop Paajah from hiring Kisoji anyway.
Later that night, the first issues occured. At the end of the night he decided to go after Mishka
Baciko and Piephil went after them and Paajah followed soon too make clear she didn't want any of this going on on the roof of KNM.
While Piephil prepared to take Kisoji down, Kisoji managed to kill Baciko only to follw himself minutes after.

[Due to issues with the forum there may be some gaps in the story]
Guards continue to investigate Kor Neka Mansa
The guards have once again asked for help after the arrest of Kridore, a former staff member of the establishment. Once he finally was convinced that cooperation was the better option he started opening up.
He gave us 2 names to work with; for starters Filch, who according to him is the brains behind the operation. The second name he gave us is Shillek who appears to be more trusted by Paajah and seems to take care of lots of business deals for her. Kridore told us he is momentarily off traveling to manage some of these business deals, giving the guards a great opportunity to send in some more informants...
And these informants have no simple task as they are given a Metamorphosis potion that will temporarily transform them to look just like Shillek

In the meantime Paajah is working on a plan to evade the guard investigation..

While things escalated at KNM with Kisoji, Paajah also had a special visitor. Gonger had taken his potion of Metamorphosis and took on the challenge to try and get information from Paajah.
'Shillek' and Paajah talked about a businesscontact named Vernont. 'Shillek' kept reassuring her that he would make sure she would get the best deal possible, however what this 'deal' was about was never mentioned.

Besides information about this Vernont, Gonger could tell the guards about the following;
A girl called "The Snitch" wants an alliance with Paajah aswell.
KNM "acquired" a new guard, not unknow to the law : a certain Kisoji.
They are doing huge business in KNM, keeping all the money from the bets and also give items as reward when gamblers win, never money. He is sure that they must makes gain by millions because of this.

Gonger got away without raising suspicions, there were a few small moments that she noticed slight differences but with the chaos of the establishment around them she hardly the time to even think about this.

We still have 2 impersonations to go..
Gonger's rp and impersonation of Shillek was done very well... Looking forward to see more Shilleks visit soon :)

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 05:09:56 pm »

While things escalated at KNM with Kisoji, Paajah also had a special visitor. Gonger had taken his potion of Metamorphosis and took on the challenge to try and get information from Paajah.
'Shillek' and Paajah talked about a businesscontact named Vernont. 'Shillek' kept reassuring her that he would make sure she would get the best deal possible, however what this 'deal' was about was never mentioned.

Besides information about this Vernont, Gonger could tell the guards about the following;
A girl called "The Snitch" wants an alliance with Paajah aswell.
KNM "acquired" a new guard, not unknow to the law : a certain Kisoji.
They are doing huge business in KNM, keeping all the money from the bets and also give items as reward when gamblers win, never money. He is sure that they must makes gain by millions because of this.

Gonger got away without raising suspicions, there were a few small moments that she noticed slight differences but with the chaos of the establishment around them she hardly the time to even think about this.

Gonger also tried to influence Paajah against her potential allies:
When Paajah asked whether Vernont agrees to the deal, Gonger replied that Vernont is as yet undecided, probably stalling for time because he wants a better part on the bargain.
And after talking to The Snitch, he remarked to Paajah that he wonders whether The Snitch's aim is not an alliance, but a takeover, since right now she does not have much to offer.
Finally, Gonger found some items that belong to Shillek (his helmet, and a hide he uses as blanket) and gave them to the guard Mogrrim. They might be of use later. For example, what would the real Shillek say if his missing helmet is found in The Snitch's camp?

We still have 2 impersonations to go..
Gonger's rp and impersonation of Shillek was done very well... Looking forward to see more Shilleks visit soon :)

Thanks for the compliment, which I gladly return to all others (Paajah, the KNM staff, the clients, the guards). I had a blast RPing this, and am looking forward to more of this!

Great work!