Author Topic: First try at some Fenki Robe textures  (Read 519 times)

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
First try at some Fenki Robe textures
« on: December 26, 2014, 01:06:46 am »
The blue was distracting me... So I tried my hand at a texture for it;

Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Pierre

Re: First try at some Fenki Robe textures
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 02:05:49 am »
The black robes are beautiful.  I love the style of the new enki robes, totally different from the other races' robes (which I also love, but now more than ever my Nolthrir feels she's entered a spa when she puts on her robe, or is about to enter a sauna where she'll hang it on a peg).

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 03:38:54 am »
Especially for a texture like this one, I wonder if shader based coloration can be used, just as it is done for hair. I know, this is not a new idea, and probably you are planning to have different textures (ornaments, symbols etc) for different way robes. Though, if two or more channels on the texture can be shaded, a simple design like in my signature could easily be done.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:41:58 am by Bonifarzia »

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 07:37:16 am »
Will be very nice if someone could draw a full texture (not just color) for both the female and male. Please send the proposals here on forums.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 07:59:59 am »
Will be very nice if someone could draw a full texture (not just color) for both the female and male. Please send the proposals here on forums.

How are we supposed to do that? How do we know what color goes where?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 08:52:21 am »
Exchange the texture DDS in the materials.zip with a test pattern DDS; run the game and look which part of the test pattern appears where ... ah, no, that's too coarse. Without an outlined UV map you won't get it exact enough. But this material will only be available to registered prospects, I believe.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 08:59:57 am »
Something should probably be done about the feet clipping through the robe.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 09:15:54 am »
Exchange the texture DDS in the materials.zip with a test pattern DDS; run the game and look which part of the test pattern appears where ... ah, no, that's too coarse. Without an outlined UV map you won't get it exact enough. But this material will only be available to registered prospects, I believe.

If you made that map and instructions on how to do it available, you might get people submitting more patterns. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »
That would be great, but unfortunately, I have no access to the currently used UV map. This would require to either receive it from the developers, or reverse-engineer Cal3D models.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »
I don't think you can reverse engineer the cal3d Models. Perhaps Talad will be kind enough to provide models or original texture files to help potential artists.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 07:29:15 am »
Well, in fact you can (or could, for a long time; I did not try again for years now). But it is a tremendous work. You would have to convert from binary to text XML format (docconv); and then you would have to rebuild original directory branches and copy different files from ZIPs into the matching places; and then you may be able to find a converter to make modellers like Blender load them ... a Computer Science degree may or may not help trying that. ;)

It would certainly be easier to sign the ABC license and work as prospect or at least contributor, to receive original material, or at least a reduced model (all the spines and animation states may not be too necessary for retexturing).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador