Author Topic: Orphanage [Concept]  (Read 239 times)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
Orphanage [Concept]
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:08 pm »
Looking at all those orphans and small children just running around in the streets of Hydlaa can be shocking.

What is being proposed here is an orphanage that would be opened up (most likely) in Amdeneir. It would be a strategic location due to the Health Clinic and the Hall of Learning that would, hopefully, be located nearby. This would be a good position because the occupants could get not only learning, if they so wish, but also good health care, in the case of an emergency or a serious injury.

What would be provided:
-A safe place to sleep.
-Food and drink, suitable for both the race and age.
-A place where people can go if looking to adopt.

The following is desirable to be included:
-A kitchen, suitably equipped with tools to make food for ALL races, as well as teas and juices.
-Beds, for a place to sleep.
-Chests, located at the foot of the beds for storage of possessions.
-A play area, for when the weather is bad. Preferably non-allergenic.
-A central table or so surrounded by pillows as a dinning area.
-A door-facing desk where people can adopt children, get a job, or check in.
-A place where one can relieve themselves, preferably in private. (Because why not?)

All in all, what is proposed is a safe, non-allergenic environment in which children of all races can reside, as well as a source of the required food and drink.

Staff positions:
-Cook: Works in the kitchen, only needs to be able to cook basic foods, such as bread, soup, etc.
-Herbalist: Works in the kitchen, only needs to be able to make teas and juices.
-Alchemist: For making Kran food, needs to be able to at least make simple dishes.
-Caretaker: Works with the children, should be kind, willing to be around children, and capable of picking up and, preferably, basic first aid.

[The name is open for discussion, assuming this is approved.

This would be a public guild house, hopefully always open, and would probably use the basic guild house map, such as the one the RCD uses.

If I forgot something, please bring it up. Thank you!]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:50:23 pm by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Orphanage [Concept]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:23 pm »
>non-allergenic

You forgot toilets. Then again, seems like nobody in Yliakum ever needs to poop.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01:45 am »
I like this general idea. And I wonder if there is any unused guildhouse available ... I already have a location in mind ... will contact GMs to check. Not in public.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:34:37 am »
I like the idea but I wonder if it's really necessary to create yet another building (or GH) just for this purpose. Since we have not hundreds of players on at the same time maybe an orphaned section could be created inside one of the other structures. This way it could be easier to find someone inside to start a RP.

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re (OOC): Orphanage [Concept]
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 04:44:30 am »
Looking at all those orphans and small children just running around in the streets of Hydlaa can be shocking.
OOC:  Ha, ha.  Okay, so I can guess why they probably weren't interested to have sprites for children.  (Not that it can't be done, or doesn't make the world feel more inhabited, but the GM and support teams are small and unpaid.)  That being so, however, really would ruin this as a serious idea.  (I thought that you were joking when I read this first line.)
end OOC

You forgot toilets. Then again, seems like nobody in Yliakum ever needs to poop.
-A place where one can relieve themselves, preferably in private. (Because why not?)
::) :whistling:
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 08:03:41 am »
I like Eon's idea. Can we partition a portion of an available building for it and maybe get the GM team to furnish it?

I think overall the idea is tremendous. There are at least a few 'kid' players I know of, and I've done it before in the past. It could certainly be fun!
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:22 am »
(...) (I thought that you were joking when I read this first line.)
end OOC

That's because I couldn't make up my mind to be serious or joking. I think it leaned towards the latter.

I like the idea but I wonder if it's really necessary to create yet another building (or GH) just for this purpose. Since we have not hundreds of players on at the same time maybe an orphaned section could be created inside one of the other structures. This way it could be easier to find someone inside to start a RP.

I like this idea, as I thought just to bring this up as a concept, and it's always nice to start small. Though I wonder how sectioning it off would work? All the interiors I've seen have been crammed with stuff.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:44:22 am by Tidebringer »

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »
The guildhouses do have extra doors, so making one building a combination orphanage/whatever could work and the orphanage would still have its own map.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:39 pm »
The guildhouses do have extra doors, so making one building a combination orphanage/whatever could work and the orphanage would still have its own map.

(Why didn't I think of that?)
Good point. Though, would you then use the normal guildhouse map or make another specifically for it, as a sort of 'back room' map? In that case a 3D model would be needed, and I believe the current team doesn't exactly have many modelers.